FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Smokin' Menehunes recording a 6 song EP, July 2, 2005!
Smokin' Menehunes recording a 6 song EP, July 2, 2005!
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-01 2:00 pm   Permalink

OK, the beans are spilled, no use denying it or passing the blame. We want details: song titles, track order, who's playing what, & when, sound & feel of the tracks, etc.

When & where will this thing of beauty be available, and what will it cost me?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2005-07-01 6:40 pm   Permalink

Wow, glad to hear we have people interested in our little dog and pony show.

We're recording at a classic analog studio that has long been a staple in the OC punk scene. With that said, even Mr Bill Tapia has recorded there. The studio name is The Distillery, which sounds good no matter what they produce.

Will have the product available in the very near future.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iuka Grogg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-02 09:24 am   Permalink

Fantastic! Put me on the list.

-I. Grogg

View Profile of Iuka Grogg Send a personal message to Iuka Grogg  Email Iuka Grogg Goto the website of Iuka Grogg     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CaptainKneePads Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-02 3:09 pm   Permalink

This is awesome news. I always thought that the Smokin' Menehunes reminded me of the very early days of Poison (before all the glam stuff) when they were more accoustic and played exotica. (Let's hope Spike doesn't think they will find more success in lipstick and hairspray!)

By the way: Tiki Bong, if you are using a lap steel guitar on any of your songs and you find that your knees are getting all scuffed-up, PM me and I will see about making some official licensed (with your permission) "Smokin' Menehunes Tiki Kneepads". Maybe I can make extras and we can do a package deal with your CD if the fans mention "Tiki Central".

[ This Message was edited by: CaptainKneePads Tiki on 2005-07-03 00:18 ]

View Profile of CaptainKneePads Tiki Send a personal message to CaptainKneePads Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2005-07-03 7:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-02 09:24, Iuka Grogg wrote:
Fantastic! Put me on the list.

-I. Grogg

If I must say so, I appreciate your interest Mr Grogg. And further, it was you and your band that inspired me, as in myself, to fulfill chasing the dream music, Hawaiian, as my personal genre.

(hey, can I give you one of our CD's and receive a small discount on one of your CD's?)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation