Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Downtown L.A. Hula Event
Downtown L.A. Hula Event
PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-02 2:03 pm   Permalink

These great summertime events happen at Cal Plaza, downtown L.A. I've seen many great shows over the last few years (my wife works upstairs at Cal Plaza) - and I just thought some might be interested in this one. And it's FREE!! Two shows - the 8th and 9th. FYI - the Metro Red Line stop at Pershing Square is right there!

http://www.grandperformances.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/season_schedule.show_detail/s_id/83

Oh - and - Ladysmith Black Mambazo plays there on the Friday night the 15th (also FREE!!!)

View Profile of PapeToaTane Send a personal message to PapeToaTane  Email PapeToaTane Goto the website of PapeToaTane     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-02 7:44 pm   Permalink

Padre, thanks for the heads up. This Hula group is one of the best, we saw them yaers ago at Hollywood bowl. The Mai Tai dinner is a little steep eh? Will you be attending with us po folk in the freebie section? As an ex-Acolyte we can talk shop.

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-02 9:36 pm   Permalink

No, Bobs, I am still a dues-paying member of the International Order of Po' Folks myself. I saw that Mai Tai dinner listed and laughed! Much better to catch the Red Line from Sunset/Vermont to Pershing Square (i.e. from Tiki Ti) $200.00 will buy plenty of Ray's Mistakes!! What night do you plan to go?? - I think the shows are on both Fri. and Sat. nites. Always love to talk "shop".

View Profile of PapeToaTane Send a personal message to PapeToaTane  Email PapeToaTane Goto the website of PapeToaTane     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
UtopianDreem
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-07-03 11:26 am   Permalink

Thanks for bringing this back up--I almost forgot it is next weekend!

Another short discussion about it here:
http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=15117&forum=4&2

View Profile of UtopianDreem Send a personal message to UtopianDreem  Email UtopianDreem     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-18 7:33 pm   Permalink

Patrick Makuakane and his helau are amazing! I loved the show stopper at the end of the 1st half!

Perfect enviornment, also, with peformances right in front of the waterfall.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
delphiniumangel
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-19 5:11 pm   Permalink

YIKES! Bra - if you are going to talk about a great HALAU as Patrick's is - please spell it right! NOT HELAU

View Profile of delphiniumangel Send a personal message to delphiniumangel      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation