[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » save a tiki from lat. 20
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
save a tiki from lat. 20
kiara
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-19 7:31 pm   Permalink

does anybody know about the old lattatude 20
building in las vegas?it just burned down ,and, is going to be torn down.There are two tikis attached to the building.One is a total 60's tahitian carving ,about 6 or 7 feet.

[edited by hanford to fix merged title]

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2005-07-02 18:18 ]

View Profile of kiara Send a personal message to kiara  Email kiara     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-19 7:57 pm   Permalink

Oh, so you’re the one on the videotape.
I’ll buy the Tiki off you to help cover your legal bills, if you want.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-19 8:11 pm   Permalink

Hi Kiara, Glad to see you posting. At the risk of sounding like a total dweeb. But I say, stick with what you know!
Where is this Lat. 20 in Las Vegas? I have never heard of it before. But I don't frequent vegas either. Is there a chance of you getting carted off to the big house for taking something that isn't legally yours? Is there some legal means you can save the tikis from destruction without the risk of incarceration? Have you tried to contact the owners of the business or building?
If it comes down to taking it from the property to keep it from being thrown out, surely that wouldn't bring the tiki liberator bad mana. oooh, now thats a TV show I would watch. Kiara, Tiki Liberator

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-06-19 20:16 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-20 12:23 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley on 2005-06-22 16:16 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-21 2:41 pm   Permalink

I will hop on my private Lear jet and try to check this out tonight!!!!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-21 3:47 pm   Permalink

I'm not sure what this is all about but pick me up mrsmiley and we can smoke cigars and drink assorted rums on the way.

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 11:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-21 15:47, FLOUNDERart wrote:
I'm not sure what this is all about but pick me up mrsmiley and we can smoke cigars and drink assorted rums on the way.

Sorry, I had my jet bring me back this morning. I will try to get someone to post photos for me.

seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 11:43 am   Permalink

Nice to see you onboard Kiara!

I PM'd a secret agent in Vegas to see if he's got any info.

TikisbySeamus.com

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-06-22 3:41 pm   Permalink

Fresh from the lear jet:

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 4:03 pm   Permalink

Absolutely fine singed tiki pole, there, Mr. Smiley. Thanks Kiara and Mr. Smiley for showing us this place. I had no idea it existed. Is it really named the Lattitude 20? (That would make 3 I know of).

I'd say salvage operations are definitely in order if they're going to tear it down.

What was it like inside? (before the fire).

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 4:17 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2005-06-22 15:41, martiki wrote:
Fresh from the lear jet:

This photo was pre-fire, the rest are post fire!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 4:39 pm   Permalink

Ok so what are his coordinates? What is Latitude 20'S address? Someone must resuce him. Oh Kiara...Tiki Liberator...where are you???

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kiara
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 8:28 pm   Permalink

good job mr. smiley.this place was built in the early 60's as (yes)LATTITUDE 20.a few years later a big storm flooded it(and a lot of the decor.)It opened next as a chinese restaraunt with a lot of the orig. tikis and decor .It was called MADAM WOOS.A few years after it opened a big storm flooded it.than it was a japanese rest.for a couple of decades until ,somehow, it caught on fire.I dont know how the inside looked when it first opened ,but,It was still pretty cool up until the end.There was a few really 60's ku gods hanging inside ,but it's so boarded up I couldn't get in to check.The tiki at the end of the post in mr.smileys pic. is sticking out of the top of the roof ,and, has a huge erection (blocked by the shadow.)It's located on flamingo rd. inbetween the strip and maryland prkwy(I think thats the name of the st. you may want to ask mr.smiley.)anyway ,thats the story(please correct any mistakes I have made.)this place is going quick (just like everything else in las vegas.)

View Profile of kiara Send a personal message to kiara  Email kiara     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 8:33 pm   Permalink

Damn, not a very lucky place is it? I am more superstitious than I'd like to admit, sooo I don't know if I'll be saving any of the Latitude 20 tikis from their impending doom

kiara
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 8:40 pm   Permalink

It's not bad luck.Its built on a low lot.the strip floods out a lot too.Ok, now I'm sounding like a know it all.
the cocktail sign in the pics was really cool.they used to have red plexi letters ,that ,someone has already taken.

[ This Message was edited by: kiara on 2005-06-22 23:38 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation