FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki save a tiki from lat. 20
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
save a tiki from lat. 20
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-23 08:48 am   Permalink

Yes, its last incarnation was as a Hamada--a Japanese restaurant. I used to go there for a stiff Mai-Tai or two before I flew back to the bay area. It was my long time tradition.
It has been closed for 4 plus years. I have a call in to try to get those tikis! We will see.
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-23 09:52 am   Permalink

Hmmmm? I wonder what kind of tools a tiki liberator would keep in their tiki liberator utility belt?
Sven...ohhh Sve-en..where is our fearless tiki leader when his people need him most?

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rob Roy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-23 10:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-23 09:52, DawnTiki wrote:
Hmmmm? I wonder what kind of tools a tiki liberator would keep in their tiki liberator utility belt?
Sven...ohhh Sve-en..where is our fearless tiki leader when his people need him most?

A chainsaw & bail money.

View Profile of Rob Roy Send a personal message to Rob Roy  Email Rob Roy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-23 10:29 am   Permalink

Rob Roy wrote:
Quote:
bail money

Kill joy

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-06-23 10:43 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kiara
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-23 12:29 pm   Permalink

there are homeless people camped out in the parking lot smoking crack.I dont think anyone is going to arrest you for hauling of a burnt piece of wood.Most people (especially developers) couldn't give a squirt of piss (pardon me) about a tiki.
If you want it...gosh darnit...go out and get it.

View Profile of kiara Send a personal message to kiara  Email kiara     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-23 12:50 pm   Permalink

I'll bail you out Dawn. Got your back!!

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-23 1:37 pm   Permalink

PLLLEEEEASE if anyone goes on a liberation mission - let me know - i will don my black ski hat (yah - i have done this kinda thing before) and help out big time...

i have been watching this structure for years now - dreaming of creating a tiki corporate event compound...

did i hear right? it burned recently?
i drove by it fairly recently and noted how it had been left to vandals - which it very typical of what landowners who want to demolish do - they let the building become a public nuissance so that that people 'demand' it be removed.

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-06-23 1:39 pm   Permalink

You can do eeeet!

(but if you get caught, DON'T call me - I don't do criminal law)

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-23 1:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-23 13:37, Futura Girl wrote:

did i hear right? it burned recently?
i drove by it fairly recently and noted how it had been left to vandals - which it very typical of what landowners who want to demolish do - they let the building become a public nuissance so that that people 'demand' it be removed.

Yes, charred portions and holes in the roof and everything!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-23 5:14 pm   Permalink

Nope! I guess DawnTiki lacks the jynormous cajones a good tiki liberator needs.
I totally wussed out!
I had the car loaded with everything a Tiki Liberator might need. Assorted saws, chisels, ballpeen hammers, files and wrenches, even had my 8 year old son planned as my look out (my partner in crime...I know, I know, baaad mom) and last but not least, the cajones...where on earth to find the cajones? Does Pep Boys sell 'em?

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-06-23 18:42 ]

kiara
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-25 11:54 am   Permalink

I just spoke with Otto (who put out an emergency tiki bulletin,)and, he told me a friend of his just walked the grounds ,and, couldn't find the (big) tiki.Did somebody rescue him(thank god)I'de love to know if he got a good home.This tiki has survived 2 floods and a fire ,He's a survivor.

[ This Message was edited by: kiara on 2005-06-25 11:55 ]

[ This Message was edited by: kiara on 2005-06-25 13:06 ]

View Profile of kiara Send a personal message to kiara  Email kiara     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-28 2:52 pm   Permalink

bet he'll be up for sale at the red rooster soon after all this dies down....wouldn't be suprised if some antique dealer saw an opportunity.....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Velvet Tiki

Posted: 2005-06-28 7:52 pm   Permalink

Good work people,I say scavenge away me maties,arrrg.

View Profile of The Velvet Tiki Send a personal message to The Velvet Tiki  Goto the website of The Velvet Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surfinannie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-02 6:11 pm   Permalink

I JUST SAW AN EMAIL FROM OTTO ON MY OLD EMAILD ADDRESS REGARDING THE TIKIS AT THE OLD LATITUDE 20 IN VEGAS. MY FATHER RICHARD M. ELLIS DID THOSE TIKIS. WHEN LATTITUDE 20 CLOSED THE OWNERS GAVE HIM A BUNCH OF INTERIOR STUFF HE HAD PUT IN THE RESTAURANT, BUT HE NEW OWNERS WASNTED TO KEEP THE 2 TIKIS OUT FRONT. THESE TIKIS NEED RESCUEING OTTO SAID, AND MY FATHER PASSED AWAY 6 YRS. AGO. MY FAMILY REALLY WANTS TO RESCUE THESE TIKIS ASAP, IF I AM NOT ALREADY TOO LATE. PLEEEEEEZE SOMEONE WITH ANY INFO. ON WHERE AND HOW TO GET THEM CONTACT ME!!!!ANNIE ELLI 310-980-7200 or 310-457-2366 or surfinannie@mac.com . My mother can not remember where Latitude 20 even was. PPLLLLEEEEEEZZZZZZZEEEEEE help!!!!!

[ Edited by Humuhumu to fix email address ]

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2005-07-02 18:18 ]

View Profile of Surfinannie Send a personal message to Surfinannie  Email Surfinannie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-02 6:27 pm   Permalink

Ow! Using ALL CAPS is the online equivalent to yelling, and is very hard to read. It's very, very cool to learn about the history on these tikis, Surfinannie, I hope you're able to learn what's happened to them.

Here's a translated version:

I just saw an email from Otto on my old email address regarding the tikis at the old Latitude 20 in Vegas. My father Richard M. Ellis did those tikis. When Latitude 20 closed the owners gave him a bunch of interior stuff he had put in the restaurant, but the new owners wanted to keep the 2 tikis out front. These tikis need rescuing Otto said, and my father passed away 6 yrs. ago. My family really wants to rescue these tikis ASAP, if I am not already too late. Pleeeeeze someone with any info. on where and how to get them contact me!!!! Annie Elli 310-980-7200 or 310-457-2366 or
surfinannie@mac.com . My mother can not remember where Latitude 20 even was. PPLLLLEEEEEEZZZZZZZEEEEEE help!!!!!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation