FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge How will you harness the power of Mayonaise?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
How will you harness the power of Mayonaise?
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-03 4:46 pm   Permalink

It's been said that most holidays in the US are the creation of Hallmark. It seems to me that most of what I've been seeing for the 4th (now that the do-gooders have made explosives harder to get) was dreamed up by Miracle Whip or Bestfoods.

How do you intend to usurp the Power of Mayo on this day of freedom?

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-03 6:09 pm   Permalink

I just captured a 32OZ jar of the vile Best Foods substance that took refuge in my neighborhood Vons saupermarket. I plan on neutralizing it's evil powers by mixing it with cut up cooked potatoes, green onions, hard boiled eggs, dill pickle, black olives & some mustard, salt & pepper and consuming it along with several beers, a couple of hamburgers and a slice of watermelon.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-03 6:42 pm   Permalink

This stuff I use maybe a handful of times in a year. Today, was one of those days.

Tuna melts were on the menu, and they were tasty. After draining the water and dividing it up amongst the drooling, begging pets, a little mayo goes a long way to moisturize said tuna, bread, and cheese combination.

Man I hate cooking for one.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-04 06:05 am   Permalink

Mayonnaise! The imcomparable ingredient in a slew of dips and dunks that mark the host or hostess as a smart and savvy entertainer.Artichoke dip,crab dip-all would be much the poorer without that magical combination of egg and oil.Bring it on!

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-04 06:24 am   Permalink

I like to put it in a shaker with 3 kinds of rum, some orange curacao, the juice from half a lime, and a squirt of almond syrup. Garnish with a lime wedge and a sprig of fresh mint.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-04 08:51 am   Permalink

Finkdaddy, have you ever had to use Miracle Whip in this concoction? Does it have the same verve? Does anybody use this stufF...it seems to have a following fo determined groupies. I buy it because it makes my wife mad.

Macaroni Salads seem to be on the down-swin in picnic feeds. (Three Bean too)

Mayo makes a fine grilled sandwich-exchanging the Mayo for butter.

Look at the time, I better go put my Maynaise flag up.

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-04 09:22 am   Permalink

Here in N.O., it's pronounced MY-nez.

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-04 09:53 am   Permalink

Sometimes... on a nice hot summer day, I like to go to the park, sit on the grass, and enjoy some cold, right-from-the-package oscar meyer hot dogs, and dip them in the mayo for a tasty hot weather treat. I like to sit in a crowded area of the park, and watch the people watch me......

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-04 10:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-04 08:51, Gigantalope wrote:
Finkdaddy, have you ever had to use Miracle Whip in this concoction? Does it have the same verve?

Yep, in fact, it gives the drink a tangy zip that using lime juice alone doesn't give!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-04 10:24 am   Permalink

I like to jump naked in a bath tub full of the stuff.
I call it my "El Sinko De Mayo Day"!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-04 1:28 pm   Permalink

I clog my arteries with the following:
MMMM...Mayo with a table spoon of curry, a dab of dijon mustard, a dab of honey and a couple pinches of fresh chopped celantro. (all these ingredients are to taste)
Really good as a veggie, french-fry or chip dip. Good on burgers or hot dogs too!

PS...Happy 4th TC'ers of America!!

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-04 3:20 pm   Permalink

When I was a kid, on the swim team, we used to use Mayo as a hair conditioner. It smelled really gross.

And totally unrelated, I also loved tomato sandwiches with a thick layer of mayo, salt and pepper! mmmmmm.

My roommate a few years ago was a Miracle Whip gal, blech. Can't abide by that stuff.

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-04 5:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-03 18:42, Tikiwahine wrote:
This stuff I use maybe a handful of times in a year. Today, was one of those days.

Wait! Victoria? CANADA!? Our government will soon be in touch with you for unlawfully celebrating a U.S. holiday. Can't we even keep our red-blooded American holidays from being out-sourced?

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-04 5:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-04 17:04, Tiki-bot wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-07-03 18:42, Tikiwahine wrote:

Wait! Victoria? CANADA!? Our government will soon be in touch with you for unlawfully celebrating a U.S. holiday. Can't we even keep our red-blooded American holidays from being out-sourced?

Hey hoser, Canada Day was on the 1st, my mayo day was the third, git yerself straightened out and take off, eh? Or do you claim the entire weekend for yourself?

I should have made myself some Belgium waffles with Canadian Maple Syrup(my weekend specialty), that'd shut you up

Now I must get oot and a boot, it's quittin' time!

(no harm, tis all in good fun. Tiki-Bot, you and the missus are always welcome in Victoria town, drinks & tunes on me of course)

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-04 6:22 pm   Permalink

People, People...the solution is quite simple: Extend Free Trade to include holidays!
You can celebrate July 1st and we can celebrate the 4th, this would equal a four day weekend for all. Actually, a full exchange of holidays throughout the year would mean two Thanksgivings and several months with two long weekends, how bad could that be?
We'll even throw in access to Canada's vast reserves of Mayonaise to compensate for increased consumption.

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation