FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events International Tiki Day 2005 in Seattle
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
International Tiki Day 2005 in Seattle
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-05 01:25 am   Permalink

The Voodoo Punch Returns!

I'd like to invite any Tiki Centralites to celebrate International Tiki Day (August 12) in the Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge. Please see the URL in my footer for details.

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-05 5:42 pm   Permalink

TOP TEN REASONS WHY EXOTICAT WON'T BE AT MONKEYSKULL'S PARTY THIS YEAR

10. The Voodoo Lounge isn't red enough
9. Not a single go-go cage on the premise
8. Nobody enjoyed the fried Monkey Balls that I brought for the potluck last year
7. Sweetpea hasn't added me as a friend yet on My Space
6. Spending a whole evening without hearing any Josh Groban would be traumatic
5. Couldn't find that Watermelon guy in your photos at the party and still angry about it
4. Heard Woofmutt is still serial killing in that area
3. Getting my claws sharpened that day
2. Jesus forbids my attendance
1. Still haven't received blackmail payment from Monkeyskull for unauthorized Tikimentary footage shot last year

FYI: My PayPal address is
PayUpPete@paypal.com

[ This Message was edited by: exoticat on 2005-07-05 17:43 ]

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-07-06 7:02 pm   Permalink

lacking an appropriate excuse to bow out, i suppose by default, i'll have to attend!

looking forward to seeing the Voodoo Lounge!

i'll bring a dessert

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-07 6:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-05 17:42, Exoticat wrote:
1. Still haven't received blackmail payment from Monkeyskull for unauthorized Tikimentary footage shot last year

Oh yeah, please note an addition to the Party Rules: No Video Cameras!

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-07 9:53 pm   Permalink

This would be a great opportunity to return everything my wife stole from your house at last years party.

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-10 12:04 am   Permalink

Well dang it! The Mr. and I would love to attend but we're committed to a luau on that day. Dang it all to H-E-Double Hockey Sticks!

Maybe next year.

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 10:47 pm   Permalink

Hi. I just wanted to refresh this and invite any Seattle area Tiki Centralites to drop on by.

See link in footer for details.

dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-08-10 11:25 pm   Permalink

i'll be there with Banana Mac-Nut Praline Tarts ~

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 4:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-10 23:25, dogbytes wrote:
i'll be there with Banana Mac-Nut Praline Tarts ~

Yay, cause somehow I managed to miss
eating one of them the other night!
yummmmy

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikinoobie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-11 4:58 pm   Permalink

Sweat Pea, I like your Tiki Central name. It sounds nice. That picture of the red painted person is gross.

View Profile of tikinoobie Send a personal message to tikinoobie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 8:21 pm   Permalink

"That picture of the red painted person is gross."

The "red painted" person is me. And it's not paint. It's a pigmentation condition of my skin which I have no control over.

Whenever I roll in dry raspberry JELL-O or strawberry KOOL-AID powder my skin turns bright red. I was taunted for many years at school about this until I decided to take my so called "handicap" and celebrate it in the guise of Watermelon Man.

As Watermelon Man I have spread joy and happiness and an understanding that whether your skin turns red from rolling in cherry JELL-O or your tongue is blue from a Louie-Bloo Raspberry Otter Pop you are a valuable person in the world.

OK, so the melon slice thong did eventually cause my third wife to leave me for the Hub Kap King. (Sorry Exoticat...Or should I say Hub Kap Kweenie? I know we agreed to never mention our past here at Tiki Central but pert near everyone knows now.) But as Watermelon Man I have taught hundreds of people (including guests of last year's Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge International Tiki Day party) the message of acceptance. Taught them with a healthy dose of watermelon flavored laughter, of course.

But if a TCer thinks Watermelon Man "is gross" then I don't think Watermelon Man can make the Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge International Tiki Day 2005 party.

Woofmutt will be at the Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge International Tiki Day 2005 party, hang dog expression and tail between his legs. Hopefully no one will think he "is gross".

PS: "Sweat Pea, I like your Tiki Central name. It sounds nice."

It does sound nice, except when it's "Sweet Pea, get away from the liquor cabinet!" "Sweet Pea, what're my credit cards doin' in your purse?" or "Sweet Pea, put yer dress down, this is church!"

PPS: One of the options for "woofmutt" in the spell checker is "vomit"! I'll keep the two seperate at the Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge International Tiki Day 2005 party.

Want too much information?
JELL-O stained dogs AND dog vomit! WARNING: Contains the phrase "big chunky stuff".

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-12 11:09 am   Permalink

hmph.

I was a Seattlite for 11 years. Even ran for City Council.

But alas, I am in Maine now. Not a lot of other tikiphiles here.

--SBiM

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-12 4:00 pm   Permalink

Ah, lovely ol' boring but scenic Maine. I sympathise. I lived in Wells, Maine for 6 months in late 2002/early 2003 before deciding I needed to leave for civilisation again, lest I put a gun to my head.

King Tiki in Portsmouth, NH was a fantastic tiki bar I frequented once a week during my short stay in Maine. The place was owned by the wonderful and generous Robert and Melissa Jasper (owners of 'The Friendly Toast'). All the decor at King Tiki was brought in from other parts of the country -- e.g., California, Florida, etc., and the physical result was very impressive, indeed. The place apparently started out with 'a vision' and with stalwart tiki bar intentions but -- like so many other places in the same boat, that end up eventually running aground -- soon began declining, until it eventually lost business and went out of business. (When I frequented the place on Friday nights, Heavy Metal karaoke on Thursday nights was King Tiki's biggest drawing night of the week. That should indicate the state of affairs the place was in.)

Anyway, back to International Tiki Day at Pete's Pad. I want to thank you, Pete, for attending my Lounge & Exotica Meet N Greet party last Sunday. I'm going to be going out of town for a couple days, starting this Sunday, and have many things to do before then, but I'm going to do my best to at least make an appearance at your party tomorrow. If not, save me a monkey skull!

All the best.

Cheers and Aloha and Hipahipa!

-Terence.

View Profile of DJ Terence Gunn Send a personal message to DJ Terence Gunn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-13 12:46 pm   Permalink

<<OK, so the melon slice thong did eventually cause my third wife to leave me for the Hub Kap King. (Sorry Exoticat...Or should I say Hub Kap Kweenie? I know we agreed to never mention our past here at Tiki Central but pert near everyone knows now.)>>

Oh, thanks...thanks a lot. I'm not "Hub Kap Kweenie" anymore...I divorced him as well. I thought all that therapy that I paid for for you had helped, but clearly noooOOOOOooooooo it hasn't. You just had to talk *blah blah blah*.

I hope you realize you have ruined my life and especially my future. I was just about to change my name to "Sugar Mama Tiki" and whisk Sweet Daddy Tiki off to someplace exotic (I was about to close this deal with hopes of him becoming my 7th husband but now I'm sure *that's* over.) I hope you're satisfied about freeing the skeletons from the closet.

p.s. And NO we can't have just "one last rendezvous" tonight at Monkeyskulls!!!

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-13 12:59 pm   Permalink

Actually I'm still iffy about attending tonight due to big travel day yesterday:

I discovered that the area pictured in this photo is my own personal Bermuda Triangle (Hood Canal Bridge). I don't know WHAT is going on between those two black dots but my car is magnetically attracted to that area. If anyone knows the secret of the Hood Canal Bridge please let me know...it must have powers.

There's still a chance that later tonight I will feel like driving again, especially if I can make Woofmutt so happy by attending. Plus one can see shooting stars just by being out and driving, i discovered this last night.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation