FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events International Tiki Day 2005 in Seattle
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
International Tiki Day 2005 in Seattle
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-13 2:51 pm   Permalink

Since the bridge was closed yesterday I drove a couple a miles to Port Gamble and found myself in La La Land. This was all I had to eat all day (yours will have different bite marks):

Then on the way up HWY 101 for some reason I just happened to look up a side road and saw a giant towering tiki! I couldn't believe my eyes. I made note of the mile marker (325) and on the way back photographed it in the dark. It's in a community called Colony Surf (maybe all surfer dudes live there?). I'm sure someone else has spotted and documented this tiki, but I don't have time to do a search right now and find out.

Then as luck would have it, just down the road from the giant tiki, I finally stumbled across some food and stopped here at Longshore's Drive-In right before 10pm:

Tikiwahine...they have 200 flavors of milkshakes and the one I ordered, pineapple, was made with real fruit! I actually recommend the place and obviously you can't miss it. They turned off all the lights right after I placed my order...

I also thought of Humu Humu as I passed over the Hamma Hamma bridge!

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 11:57 am   Permalink

Great party monkeyskull!! I needed a chance to catch up
on my sleep and your couch was perfect!

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 6:44 pm   Permalink

There were a lot more people at the party than my photos convey, but at least here's a few:

The Garden Of Good and Evil, now banned from video cameras due to last year's controversial Tikimentary, still managed to stir up a little excitement:

(If you don't remember it looking like that you probably went home too early.)

Jim cozies up to a tiki torch since his wife was out of town:

Ray tells Jim, "Just one year ago I was a star right in that corner!" Jim has no interest.

Ray cautiously drinks his Voodoo Punch from a small tiki mug this year while Monkeyskull tells everyone to "drink up!":

Tiki Riviera (eyes glowing voodoo red) and Woofmutt having in-depth discussion about "the couch":

Jill, DJ Terence Gunn and Woofmutt clearly having a good time in their vintage Hawaiian garb:

DJ Terence Gunn and I spent a LOT of time trying decide which mug we would steal if we could only have just one. Then we foolishly told our host about our plan. Is that why he checked my purse when I left?:

Realizing that there's a painted version of the Ape Mug (this is the one I just got in Canada) we discuss ways to colorize mine:

Puamana and Mrs. Tiki Riviera listen to Dogbytes:

Nah, they weren't spinning, I was. Tiki Riviera legs, Woofmutt, Mrs. Tiki Riviera, Dogbytes and Puamana:

Jim and Monkeyskull compete in a game of pool:

The host...Monkeyskull. Close...really close:

Cool tiki head path lights, but not so good photo:

Ray gives us a message of hope:

Last photo of the night. Pretty much sums up the effects of Voodoo Punch:

[ This Message was edited by: Exoticat 2005-08-15 19:17 ]

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 7:29 pm   Permalink

This year's Voodoo Punch was a real batch of black magic brew. Gold in color (like the gold deep within the Earth right near Hell) it had a dry, full fruity flavor that didn't even taste like there was alcohol in it. Oh what a fine trick that was. The hours ran by quickly and the discussions of Japanese umbrella design or amateur astronomical photography became more heated and intense...And the next morning I'm sitting at a North Aurora bust stop with my first ever in my life hangover headache (cured later by water and 6 hours of dumb ass TV watching).

For the record: Shutter bug Exoticat runs like a greyhound whenever a camera is pointed in her direction. I think it's control issues. But it should be great fun at any gathering, so bring lots of cameras if she's there.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 7:48 pm   Permalink

Woofie...I'll be in touch.

[ This Message was edited by: exoticat 2005-08-16 15:01 ]

poi polloi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-15 7:54 pm   Permalink

God. I have no recollection of posing with the tiki jesus portrait. Monkey Skull unleashed the most cacaphonous and belligerent of his monkeys into the recesses of my skull on Sunday morning. On behalf of my fellow revelers, Damn you, Monkey Skull! (And see you next year).

View Profile of poi polloi Send a personal message to poi polloi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2005-08-16 9:03 pm   Permalink

what a way to celebrate International Tiki Day ~ strong voodoo punch and exploring Monkeyskull's Dungeon Lounge. who could ask for anything more?

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-18 11:09 am   Permalink

Boy Howdy did I leave WAYYYYY toooooo Early!
It was a great party,but I'm bummed I missed all the
good fun!
Dern weekend job.
Oh well, this way I might actually be able to
afford a house where i can have a real tiki bar!
wheeeeee
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation