Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Dionysus Art
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Dionysus Art
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 07:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-10 12:31, FLOUNDERart wrote:

I have never used oil on paper. I prefer canvas board and have tried painting on masonite. For the way I paint masonite is to slippery.

I don't paint on stretched canvas because I paint on a flat surface and like to rest my hand which is hard to do on stretched canvas.

I have used Masonite in the past, I prefer canvas but if you take sand paper to the masonite or put a thick layer of gesso it will work in a pinch.

I also rest my hand on the canvas. I'm costantly wipeing my hand to revent cross contamination.

I tried this stick trick. but the stick is tricky.

His models must have hated him.

[ This Message was edited by: AlienTiki 2005-07-12 07:51 ]

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 11:49 am   Permalink

i have a mahl stick...i LOVE that thing...robert williams uses a bridge over his paintings if they are small enough to work on without an easel - flat on a table...

the trick to the mahl is getting it over an edge of the work surface or grounded on the panel itself...canvas would seem to me to be a bit too forgiving...i am heavy handed...i love panels...Dali used a string tied to the back end of his mahl stick which he tied to the pinky on his pallette hand and a gummy ball of resin on the end of his brush hand's pinky which stuck to the front end of the stick to move his stick around while he painted...or so he says in his AMAZING book 50 Secrets of Master Craftsmanship...one of the most informative books i have ever read...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/sim-explorer/explore-items/-/0486271323/0/101/1/none/purchase/ref%3Dpd%5Fsxp%5Fr0/103-4604446-8955844

http://www.okwoodart.com/mahl_sticks1.htm

here is where i got mine...

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 06:55 am   Permalink

You also have to wear a funny hat when painting. Something I picked up from Dali and have been doing for about ten years now. i have hats laying all over my studio.

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 07:44 am   Permalink

i paint nude with a hat covering my ass and a fig leaf over my unit

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 07:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-15 07:44, kooche wrote:
i paint nude with a hat covering my ass and a fig leaf over my unit

I hear it's a very small fig leaf!

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 09:05 am   Permalink

those that know haven't seen...neither have i...if you find it, you'll be the first

and by the way...i make up for the lack of a phallus with a HUUUGE booty

FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 12:15 pm   Permalink

Sorry Miles, you left that one wide open!

And trust me people this man does have a huge booty!

kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-21 08:04 am   Permalink

hey dude...no harm no foul

check out this Robert Williams interview...pretty funny i think...sheds light on what why and how...

http://www.sunsetstrip.com/lifestyle/robt.html

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation