[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Shasta Tiki Punch
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Shasta Tiki Punch
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-31 10:50 pm   Permalink

I just saw Shasta Tiki Punch for sale for the first time in my town. Even features a tiki on the label now, unlike the 60's can....have they made this stuff the whole time since it started in the mid-1960's or did they just start again?

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Caber-Net
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-01 06:44 am   Permalink

You may not have been here for the earlier thread but we've been stuffing the ballot box at the Shasta Soda website. Maybe this election day we could all take a minute or so and load up the ballots again and go for "ONE MILLION"!

http://www.shastapop.com/votenow.html

View Profile of Caber-Net Send a personal message to Caber-Net  Email Caber-Net     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-01 07:45 am   Permalink

Ah yes, the Tiki Punch vote. I'll have to start up the macro again when I get home tonight.

That is, before I head out to the Elvis Costello concert!

View Profile of SullTiki Send a personal message to SullTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-01 10:01 am   Permalink

Boy, I didn't even know Shasta was still around -- we must not get it up here anymore. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-01 11:33 am   Permalink

I just voted for tiki punch (which I've seen but not tasted.) But I was so tempted to vote for ZAZZ. What is that? Does anyone know? Sounds yummy!

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-03 9:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-11-01 06:44, Caber-Net wrote:
...load up the ballots again and go for "ONE MILLION"!...

Done

With a few extra for good measure...

View Profile of SullTiki Send a personal message to SullTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-04 03:20 am   Permalink

Yeah, I think on a purely conceptual level Zazz is the coolest possible soda.

I think I'm going to start saying Zazz instead of cool.

Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-04 09:39 am   Permalink

ZAZZZZZZZ!

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-04 11:39 am   Permalink

Tiki Punch has passed the one million mark, and has more than three times the number of votes that the #2 sodee pop has (Sangria, at 348,000+).

So - anyone know where I can buy some of this stuff in Chicago???

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
divychic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-04 11:49 am   Permalink

I just voted myself. Not sure where in Chicago you can get it but here in Florida I found it at Dollar Tree. Where everything is a dollar. If you can't found it let me know. I have an extra...

View Profile of divychic Send a personal message to divychic  Email divychic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader_Rick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-04 1:24 pm   Permalink

Not sure I dig Tiki Punch all that much, although I like the design on the bottle. Kinda seems like Shasta is just out to capitalize on a fad. I'll take Hawaiin Punch any day.

View Profile of Trader_Rick Send a personal message to Trader_Rick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-04 4:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-11-04 13:24, Trader_Rick wrote:Kinda seems like Shasta is just out to capitalize on a fad.

We've talked about this before. I thought it was a new flavor too, but found an auction on ebay for an old "Tiki Punch" can.

You can see the thread here:

http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=140&forum=1

Trader_Rick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-04 6:28 pm   Permalink

I know it's not a new flavor, but there was a long period of time when it wasn't being made, and now it's back because tiki stuff is hip again. At least, that's my take on it. I think they stopped making in it in the first place because it wasn't anything special and because nobody cared about anything tiki anymore. If tiki stuff once again fades out of peoples' consiousness, I think the soda will once again disappear. Then again, if that does happen, all the more reason to stock up on it so you can sell it on eBay in a few years!

View Profile of Trader_Rick Send a personal message to Trader_Rick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-04 8:05 pm   Permalink

PLEASE feel free to get a grip or a life.
Shasta put out a vote on different sodas.
They did not pick it because it is back in "style"
It won the vote DUH!
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader_Rick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-05 02:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-11-04 20:05, thebaxdog wrote:
PLEASE feel free to get a grip or a life.

Hey, I'm not the one voting for my favorite soda!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation