FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Shasta Tiki Punch
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Shasta Tiki Punch
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-05 02:56 am   Permalink

For what it's worth, I just saw Tiki Punch yesterday at Dollar Tree in Vallejo CA. So maybe more of the, ha, DT's have Tiki Punch. I'm sure it's the most quality product there, especially judging by the usefulness of the batteries I bought...

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-05 02:57 am   Permalink

...NOT.

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-14 12:34 pm   Permalink

I just picked up my first 2 liter bottle of Tiki Punch... can't find it in cans. But it does say right on the label: World's Greatest Flavor! Vote for Tiki Punch now at http://www.shastapop.com ... and a cool tiki mug graphic...

So, after giving it a taste, long forgotten memories of dark, 70s steak houses my parents loved to frequent began to surface. I was drinking a Shirley Temple! I now know the secret of Tiki Punch! Now to get started on my mixology.... Tiki Punch has to become the foundation of an awesome grog!

[Edited by Hanford to fix the bbcode]

visit Traderpup.com

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2002-11-14 14:45 ]

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-14 2:47 pm   Permalink

That is so zazz that it says "world's greatest flavor!" That HAS to be becuase of us (and our skulduggery)

Can you take a pic? I want to check it out!

Hanford

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2002-11-14 14:47 ]

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2002-11-14 3:35 pm   Permalink

Man, that is too fascinating! For the genesis of this whole thing, check the thread at:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=33&forum=1

I was pondering to, at some point in time, contact Shasta (I work near their HQ) to claim responsibility. Now that they've updated their packaging, I'm not sure how happy they'd be to find out that it was us!

My hat is off to SullTiki... one person CAN make a difference!

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-14 4:07 pm   Permalink

Here's the pic of the 2 litre bottle label:

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Reever
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-11-14 4:07 pm   Permalink

Kay... newbie here... haveta ask...

where did "Zazz" come from?

View Profile of Reever Send a personal message to Reever  Goto the website of Reever     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-14 4:20 pm   Permalink

'Worlds Greatest Flavor'....we have made a difference in the world!!!

That really is funny. A little worrying when you think about the NRA, and others who use 'people power' to push through their weird agenda; bloody funny when you realise it's a board full of enthusiasts voting on soda!

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2002-11-14 4:37 pm   Permalink

Or perhaps just SullTiki and a well-crafted macro...

Quote:

On 2002-11-14 16:20, Trader Woody wrote:

it's a board full of enthusiasts voting on soda!

Trader Woody

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-14 6:38 pm   Permalink

There are some who believe protecting the second amendment is not a "weird agenda".

[ This Message was edited by: mrtikibar on 2002-11-14 18:39 ]

[ This Message was edited by: mrtikibar on 2002-11-14 18:40 ]

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-14 7:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-11-14 16:37, mig wrote:
Or perhaps just SullTiki and a well-crafted macro...

You nailed it on the head Mig! I know that most everyone pitched in and added a few votes, but I believe the credit really goes to "Quick Macros"
Copyright 2001 Gintaras Didzgalvis. All rights reserved.

We would not have over a million votes without it.

[ This Message was edited by: SullTiki on 2002-11-14 19:07 ]

View Profile of SullTiki Send a personal message to SullTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-15 02:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

mrtikibar wrote:
There are some who believe protecting the second amendment is not a "weird agenda".

Sorry mrtikibar, no offence meant. I meant that there were many pressure groups, many of them somewhat 'nutty' in outlook, who just vote en masse to push things through.

I mentioned the NRA because they are famed for using this tactic.

Now back to soda....
I thought we were already in the lead when sulltiki came up with the miracle macro. Would we have won without it? Who knows?

Trader Woody
'Marksman' grade - rifle shooting

[ This Message was edited by: Trader Woody on 2002-11-15 02:26 ]

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-15 03:41 am   Permalink

Trader Woody

Your point is well taken about tactics. I think weirdness, however, better describes our agenda. I recall visiting the Shasta website and casting a vote for Tiki Punch, swept up in the inalienable truth "anything tiki must be good" and feeling a bit remorseful as I had never tasted the stuff.
Now I feel I have to go buy a bottle of the concoction. It will probably find a home next to the bottle of Arrow Anisette at the back of my liquor cabinet.

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-15 09:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-11-15 02:16, Trader Woody wrote:
I thought we were already in the lead when sulltiki came up with the miracle macro.

It was back and forth for a bit with Tiki Punch & Grape, but we had the lead.

Then everyone lost interest for a while and Sangria took a big lead out of nowhere.

That's when the macro came into play, and really put some distance between us.

View Profile of SullTiki Send a personal message to SullTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SlovakTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-11-16 08:31 am   Permalink

To my friends in the Chicago area:I don't know if this helps at all but I got ahold of some of the Shasta Tiki Punch at a Cub Foods store in Minneapolis. They had a lot of it. It was on sale for $1.99 so being the consumerist that I am(giggle)I bought 3 12-packs.
The stuff isn't bad.It tastes very similar to the old Royal Crown product Tahitian Treat. It doesn't seem to be quite as sweet though which I like.
I have yet to mix the soda with rum but I will do that shortly. t size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SlovakTiki on 2002-11-16 08:39 ]</font>

[ This Message was edited by: SlovakTiki on 2002-11-16 09:34 ]

View Profile of SlovakTiki Send a personal message to SlovakTiki  Email SlovakTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation