[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki bilged
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
bilged
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 11:41 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: AlienTiki 2011-03-08 11:00 ]

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 12:16 pm   Permalink

There sure has been a run of "unpleasant" (read: "asshole") "artists" joining TC lately. This is Tiki Central. Re-read the forum desription for "Beyond Tiki". It's not for posting whatever the hell you want. No amount of awards, accolades or words of approval from your mom is going to make it alright to post anything you like here. And if your goal is to seek the approval and support of the TC community for your work by provoking and pissing people off, then you have more problems than I have time to go into here.

There are plenty of other sites to post your work. But, in keeping with tradition for newb trolls like you, you will stay here and continue to post and piss people off til you are ignored, despised, and probably banned. I wish we could could jump right to the end of this one, where you just get bored and tire of TC and never come back.

I have no issue with Thorsten Hasenkamm's brilliant artwork. He has posted his wonderful work here many times and is an established tiki (and non-tiki) artist. You would have known that if you weren't simply looking for something to support your weak-ass attempt to hi-jack this forum for your own ego gratification. Please take it elsewhere.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 12:18 pm   Permalink

Since you like Miles and Flounder, perhaps you should take a few cues from them on how to approach the less-artistically-enlightened of us when proffering your work.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 12:19 pm   Permalink

Immaculate Insemination made my day. really twisted (a good thing, i think). keep it up.

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 12:25 pm   Permalink

wie for not eye kain't C nu-thun

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 1:06 pm   Permalink

Tiki bot. I won't need to call you an asshole or talk about your mother to get my point across. The fact of the matter is the thread is called beyond tiki.

"Got something to share that's not Tiki, but you think the members of Tiki Central would like it? Share it here. Lounge, Retro, Swing, Cars, Tattoos, Art, and beyond"
How could you get much plainer than that. it appears as if you have some sort of religious hang ups. There is no need to push your dogmatic bullshit down our throats.

Its sad when old, washed up artist who hit a dead end before their career even starts, have to call names to feel better about themselves. And ride the coattails of much more talented artists.
you're a sad old man. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Quote:

On 2005-07-09 12:16, Tiki-bot wrote:
There sure has been a run of "unpleasant" (read: "asshole") "artists" joining TC lately. This is Tiki Central. Re-read the forum desription for "Beyond Tiki". It's not for posting whatever the hell you want. No amount of awards, accolades or words of approval from your mom is going to make it alright to post anything you like here. And if your goal is to seek the approval and support of the TC community for your work by provoking and pissing people off, then you have more problems than I have time to go into here.

There are plenty of other sites to post your work. But, in keeping with tradition for newb trolls like you, you will stay here and continue to post and piss people off til you are ignored, despised, and probably banned. I wish we could could jump right to the end of this one, where you just get bored and tire of TC and never come back.

I have no issue with Thorsten Hasenkamm's brilliant artwork. He has posted his wonderful work here many times and is an established tiki (and non-tiki) artist. You would have known that if you weren't simply looking for something to support your weak-ass attempt to hi-jack this forum for your own ego gratification. Please take it elsewhere.

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 1:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-09 12:16, Tiki-bot wrote:

No offense, but you're the only one I see pissed off Tiki-bot. That painting reminds me of Ryden and Flounder's new stuff. What does bother me is that we seem to be getting into one of those phases where attacking newbies is the thing to do. If you don't like something just ignore it. Or if you think it doesn't belong here then use that U-Moderate thingy. No reason to give someone new a hard time.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2005-07-09 2:29 pm   Permalink

AlienTiki,

Please do not post any art of religious nature. Please don't post any art that is supposed to offend.

Thanks,

Hanford Lemoore
Owner
Tiki Central

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 2:35 pm   Permalink

Hey no problem. no religous stuff is fine by me.

Wait a second . Aren't Tikis religious?

So lets clear this up. Paganism good or no good?

I didn't mean to get tiki bots pantys all in a wad and I promise not to post any anti christian stuff. Scouts honer.

Aloha
E

AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 2:37 pm   Permalink

Many Mahalos Kono.

I'm glad you like it.

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 3:06 pm   Permalink

Alright you two -- to your corners.

Tiki-bot -- go a little easier on the new guys, give them a chance to learn how things work around here. Don't assume that they should "get" Tiki Central right out of the gate. And use that U-Mod. (Thanks, Kono.)

AlienTiki -- We ask people to not discuss religion and politics on Tiki Central. This is not because they are not worthy discussions, but because they too often become contentious and don't fit what the TC vibe is supposed to be about.

In general, posts that are designed to attack, offend, or just generally rile shit up just won't win you a lot of friends here. If you aren't here to be friendly, consider whether this is a community you want to be part of.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 3:10 pm   Permalink

<<<That painting reminds me of Ryden and Flounder's new stuff.>>>

Mmmm - maybe. Not nearly as playful as either.

<<<What does bother me is that we seem to be getting into one of those phases where attacking newbies is the thing to do>>>

If you think that TikiBot's original post was an "attack" then you are certainly applying it to some very thin skin. And now we see the pretty clever, but stalker-y, sig pic of the new guy beaming TIkiBot's icon to shreds. Hope it stays as playful as that. I doubt it will.

<<<If you don't like something just ignore it. Or if you think it doesn't belong here then use that U-Moderate thingy. No reason to give someone new a hard time.>>>

So if I post a drawing of your mother at rest getting raped by an ominous celestial being - you're cool with that? To many, that artwork was just that offensive. I'm pretty sure that "challenging the envelope of taste and creating gasps of offense" is not in the charter of TC. It can fly at The Shooting Gallery and I'd walk past it without a word, but here it was a pretty loud statement that obviously overstepped the boundaries of what the site is about.

It's just my opinion, but I haven't had anything to drink in a month and may be lapsing into a sobriety-induced state of nannyism.

BTW, I used the UMod to vote to delete and lock it.
And yet, I like the tiki drawing that Alien Tiki posted in Creating Tiki, so it's nothing personal toward his... uhhh... person... or talent level.

Can somebody e-mail me a mai-tai?
Even a drawing of one.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 3:13 pm   Permalink

I think we need to look at my progression of messages before accusing me of noob-bashing. I was polite and complimentary in my first message about AT's initial post. In my 2nd I said I personally found it distasteful (fully within my rights to comment on publicly posted art) and I thought the subject matter was inappropriate for Tiki Central, and Hanford agrees. Then AT felt the need to say "If it offends you, good." That, to me, puts him in the "asshole" corner. I thought I was quite clear in saying that there are plenty of places he can go post his non-tiki art, but when someone just wants to be a jerk for the sake of being a jerk, well, there's no stopping them.

AT, you showed your true colors quickly. Keep it up and we'll get to that eventual ending I mentioned earlier. That you apparently need to stomp on others' work, whether you know them or not, for the purposes of pumping up your own sorry self says a lot about you. And I'm not sure where you get off bashing my so-called "religious hang-ups". I don't have any, but if I did, your dumbass statement would be even more offensive. I'm not the one who posted a painting of their "dogmatic bullshit".

I've wasted too much time in the past arguing with fucknuts like you, so I'm done. You can bitch and moan and degrade and call names all you want - go crazy! And in a few days or weeks, we'll never have to hear from a sorry-ass loser like yourself again. Bye!

Kono: I am all for artists, new or old, posting their tiki art here. To say that there's some concerted effort to "bash all noobs" here is ridiculous. It's when they cop that defiant, "I'm an artist man! Worship me!!!" attitude that they need a bitch-slap. They need to upset and disrupt through their art, which is a completely valid form of expression, just not on Tiki Central.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation