FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving AlienTIKI Traditional, Midcentury Polypop and a couple marqs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
AlienTIKI Traditional, Midcentury Polypop and a couple marqs
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-06 6:22 pm   Permalink

I really like him. I've been doing alot of cannibal themed pieces lately and this one is very cool. Way to go.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-06 6:24 pm   Permalink

Those cannibals look GREAT! Hungry fellas.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-08 3:07 pm   Permalink

Mahalos Teakey ,Alohastation and Surf I appreciate the kind wordage.

Here's a new Marq Plank. Teak board with one coat of natural finish.

Mahalos for lurking.

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-08 3:56 pm   Permalink

Highest regards from the northwoods jungle. The cannibal is very nice and I really dig the
Marq plank. I like the extra marqs under the arms, very cool design and execution.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-08 4:23 pm   Permalink

Dude, you are back. Did you ever say where you were for so long.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-08 5:09 pm   Permalink

Very Nice, Love the Ying Yang thing going on. Nice work there.
How many coats do you put on? I have overheard Benz say 7?

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-08 6:01 pm   Permalink

Wow, that really rules. A lot. Nice work!

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-09 05:05 am   Permalink

Awesome! The cannibal is great too. I love the little feet sticking out of the back.

Craig

http://www.myspace.com/crutler

View Profile of tikifreak1 Send a personal message to tikifreak1  Email tikifreak1 Goto the website of tikifreak1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-09 10:18 am   Permalink

WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW !

I'm very impressed. I love marqs and this one is simply amazing.

Hat's off.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-09 11:15 am   Permalink

Mahalo congatiki, Teakey,Seeksurf,KAHAKA,tikifreak1,and Benella.

Teakey, I broke/hyper extended my elbow playing jiu-jitsu and could not carve for a couple of months. Aside from that I realy haven't left.

Seeksurf I'll only put 3 coats max.

I have some Larger stuff I'm working on today. I'll post more pictures soon.

Aloha and many mahalos for the kind words.

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidreams
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-09 12:08 pm   Permalink

The marquesan plank looks really great. I think i might try something like that.

View Profile of tikidreams Send a personal message to tikidreams      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-10 08:06 am   Permalink

Woah, I LOVE the S88t-eating grin on that hunter cannibal, he looks as he is enjoying prepping this meal SO MUCH. Really Nice. The Marq-Plank is really nice too, Love the details and finish.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-10 6:07 pm   Permalink

Wow...that sure looks familiar..

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-10 7:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-10 18:07, Basement Kahuna wrote:
Wow...that sure looks familiar..

It should, I think you copied the same ones I did. On the wall at IMP in Honolulu . Have you ever been there? It used to be real neat-o. Mahalos for the comments.

Mahalo tikidream. By all means Marqs are fun, Carve them! Just please make sure and post pictures.

Thanks Benzart for the kind wordage, The cannibal does have an evil grin.

Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-10 7:20 pm   Permalink

Dem be the ones.. I did two of a different style..one in a private collection in Atlanta now and one that hangs in the Aku Tiki Room in Kewanee, Illinois. I like the concept. If you look at old Marquesan tortoiseshell headdress images they took this to crazy heights..

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation