Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » GeoCaching and Tiki
GeoCaching and Tiki
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-10 12:35 am   Permalink

I just read the Tiki Gate topic and was happy to see another GeoCacher in the tiki forum. It made me wonder...how many of us are tiki sluts AND GeoCachers?

Tikipedia for sure
Dawntiki maybe
Me and the Mr. for sure (caching under shop99er)

Who else?

And FYI...any of you cachers in the Kitsap County (Washington state) area on August 13th are welcome to attend GeoLuau II - The Return of Manulani.

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-10 03:02 am   Permalink

Check out this thread.
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-10 10:07 am   Permalink

AHOY!

I've got this travelbug out there- Started out in Ohio, now in Germany I think?

http://www.redcorecreative.com/tiki/CS_Lost_Resort/pages/Geotiki.html

Side note-
If anyone is interested in Geocaching or will have a GPS at Hukilau, I'll be more than happy to set up a mini cache for the event... Just PM or email me with interest.

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-10 10:11 am   Permalink

Also check out this thread:

The Great Tiki Geocaching Project

I've got something underway at tikicache.com (don't bother looking yet, it's not up). I've got another big project underway at the moment, but I'll be launching it at the end of the month, and then hopefully I might be able to wrap up my TikiCache work.

Critiki - Critiki News - Ooga-Mooga

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Erika
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 09:40 am   Permalink

Meanwhile, are there are any tiki fans who do letterboxing?
See
http://www.letterboxing.org

It's a cousin to geocacheing. You follow clues (anything from straightforward basic directions to difficult puzzles) to find the hidden letterbox, and then you stamp the rubber stamp you find there into your personal book and you sign in to the box's logbook by stamping that with your own personal stamp. There's no cache of items to give/take from, and no GPS involved (you do need a compass). The rubber stamps are often hand-carved; the ones in the letterboxes usually commemorate the location or the theme of the box.

View Profile of Erika Send a personal message to Erika      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikinoobie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-13 10:11 am   Permalink

Letterboxing sounds fun. My mom and I do scrap books and crafts with her friends on Saturday evenings and sometimes on Thursdays. We have made some fun rubber stamps. I made a palm tree and a small pineapple rubber stamp that I could use. I want to try to make a tiki rubber stamp maybe next week. How do you start letterboxing? Do you go in your neighborhood? Or how far away to do have to go? I still have to get rides from my parents, but that is okay.

View Profile of tikinoobie Send a personal message to tikinoobie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation