FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving 3D Tiki....finally!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
3D Tiki....finally!
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 05:56 am   Permalink

Like I said, looks like a real carving. What stain did you use?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
*Fourcrows*
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-11 06:09 am   Permalink

This is amazing!!! I wish, oh how I wish I understood all that!! lol

(but I am pricing my first Wacom even as we speak...I'm so excited!!!)

So cool....great job!!

View Profile of *Fourcrows* Send a personal message to *Fourcrows*  Email *Fourcrows* Goto the website of *Fourcrows*     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 10:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-10 22:02, hewey wrote:
Awesome computer art. I took me a little while to make sure that pic was your digified tiki, not someone elses carving pic you got your inspiration from.

Thanks. Just to make things more confusing, there is a real tiki I used as inspiration in the Tiki Art Now book. The "real" tiki is by Ken Pleasant (keigs20)

Quote:

How long did it take?

About 3 hours.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 10:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-11 06:09, *Fourcrows* wrote:
This is amazing!!! I wish, oh how I wish I understood all that!! lol

(but I am pricing my first Wacom even as we speak...I'm so excited!!!)

So cool....great job!!

Thanks, *FC*. I'm just getting back to using my Wacom a bit more than in the past. My 2D skills have deteriorated so badly that I have to fall back on 3D all the time, which is a lot more time consuming. I'm so envious of the skilled 2D artists here and elsewhere, especially the ones with their own distinctive retro or cartoon styles. I could never do stuff like that. But if you need a spaceship modeled....

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
*Fourcrows*
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-11 11:58 am   Permalink

That's so funny...I'm just the opposite...while I love drawing, and have paraphernalia (of the artistic kind!) laying everywhere...lol...my house has become my studio...I see what's done in GC and I'm in absolute awe....I just ordered the Wacom...I got the Intuos3 6x8...I've heard it's something you'll never regret....but 300 bucks for an experiment is SCARY!

anyway, I may just have to talk to you about that spaceship sometime! How cool would that be!?!?

now you've got me thinking...lol...I love this board!

and by the way, as far as I'm concerned this is amazing art! (not just computer stuff...) Don't think any less!

View Profile of *Fourcrows* Send a personal message to *Fourcrows*  Email *Fourcrows* Goto the website of *Fourcrows*     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-28 11:01 am   Permalink

Nice job man!

There's some true artistry behind taking something from basic forms & knowing how they will look when you Sub-d 'em!

Very very nice......

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-28 6:59 pm   Permalink

How many bandaids did you need for all the cuts from that guy??

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-28 7:08 pm   Permalink

that is very cool. the fake looks pretty darn real to me. It would probably have fooled me if you tried to slide it by. again good job.

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation