FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Hawaiian Spam recipes?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Hawaiian Spam recipes?
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-22 3:55 pm   Permalink

SATO-SHOYU SPAM

Bring 1/4 cup Shoyu (soy sauce), 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup marin (sweet rice wine), and 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger to a boil in a saucepan. Add 1 can of SPAM cut into cubes, lower heat to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes. Makes a good pupu, insert toothpicks into the cubes before serving.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-22 4:06 pm   Permalink

SPAM WONTONS

1 can SPAM, grated or finely minced
1/2 cup water chestnuts, chopped
2 stalks green onion sliced
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 egg
1 tbsp corn starch
1 tsp sugar
1 package wonton wrappers
oil for frying

Mix all ingrediaents except wrappers and oil. Place a generous teaspoon of the mixture on each wrapper and seal edges. Deep fry in oil heated to 350 degrees until golden brown, drain on paper towels. Serve with Mustard-Shoyu Sauce (below)

Mustard-Shoyu Sauce
1 tbsp dry mustard
1 tbsp cold water
2-3 tbsp shoyu (soy sauce)
Mix all ingredients together until smooth.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-22 4:10 pm   Permalink

OK, I haven't actually tried any of those recipes - just passing them on!

skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-23 7:18 pm   Permalink

SPAM SLIDERS

This is a very simple one. Grill or fry spam, serve on hawaiian roll (no condiments are really needed, but ALOHA Hawaiian teriyaki sauce is good)
I have my grandkids convinced that these are "Crabby Patties" as in Sponge Bob.

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-05-10 9:20 pm   Permalink

I wanted for make some small Spam Musubi Bites and saw some round ones floating around the internet. I'm not a big fan of Nori (is it true that fish use it as toilet paper?) and this have just a little nori on them - bonus! The brass ring in the back is my musubi press, cut from a piece of 1 1/4 inch plumbing pipe

Missing User65958
Unregistered User
Posted: 2011-05-10 10:08 pm   Permalink

I need to have a pow-wow with the Hawaiian family members I have married into my family and ask my step-father of some recipes from his father (who has property in Waikoloa of the Big Island and learned some Spam skills) ... they actually have some rad recipes using Spam (mind you I've alway been quite against this ...um, "meat", and I like it. in a few days I hope to acquire these and share

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bonus

Posted: 2011-05-19 12:44 am   Permalink

Spam is my favorite,Lots of recipe in spam I want to try it all, I only know in cooking in spam is I mixed it with egg and then fried it.

[ Edited by: Hakalugi - speaking of spam...spam link removed. - 2011-07-28 22:21 ]

View Profile of bonus Send a personal message to bonus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-28 8:36 pm   Permalink

Dang, I bet missing user 65958 will never post those recipes.

gabbahey

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2011-07-28 10:36 pm   Permalink

Spam Shake:

http://www.bigoven.com/recipe/61591/spam-shake

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Parsley; chopped
1 tsp Catsup
1 dash Salt and pepper
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 cans of Beer (12 oz cans)
1/4 cup Scallions; chopped
1 can Spam
1 tsp Tabasco
1 can Anchovies
4 oz Tomato juice

Yields 4 Spam Shakes
Calories Per Serving: 13

Preparation:
Put everything into a blender and blend until smooth. Serve chilled with a celery rib.

Free Bonus Advice:
For any of you 2011 Tiki Oasis room crawl hosts; In keeping with the 2011 "South of the Border" Tiki theme, just add some Tequila to the above recipe and this becomes the perfect drink to serve your guests!

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-16 5:13 pm   Permalink

No luau is complete without an homage to Spam and I was too lazy to make Musubi for 60 people so I give you -

Char Sui Spam - Char Sui is the red pork they serve at Chinese restraurants. I cut a couple of cans of Spam into small cubes and marinated it a couple of days in Hoisin sause and garlic. Then I pan fried it nice and crisp, pretty tasty. I don't know if I would eat a plateful but it will be perfect as a seasoning meat in Stir Fried Rice. Much more tender than Char Siu Pork and probably healthier without all that FD&C Red Food Dye #4

Professor G
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-17 11:27 am   Permalink

We could cross threads and try a rumaki-style Spam skewer. Marinated Spam and a water chestnut wrapped in bacon. It could be so wrong it jumps the lane into just right. Or . . . it could just be so wrong. Sadly, it's in my head now and I'm going to have to find out. If I don't survive to tell the tale, remember me kindly, T.C.

View Profile of Professor G Send a personal message to Professor G  Goto the website of Professor G     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-17 12:30 pm   Permalink

Guam is also trying to give Hawaii a run for its money in Spam consumption but seeing as how lots of our Spam here has little flowers and the word 'Hawaii'on the can I'm going to assume Hawaii is still winning. I do believe Spam is the official meat byproduct of Guam(R), but don't quote me on that.

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-17 2:48 pm   Permalink

Hawaii, Alaska, Arkansas, Texas, and Alabama rate the highest in spam consumption respectively.

Tiki hotbeds, all.

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-17 2:52 pm   Permalink

isn't spam less "tiki," but more Viking?

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mangogirl808

Posted: 2011-12-19 11:10 am   Permalink

Perfect recipie! I'm so craving spam musubi right now! I'm gonna go to the Foodland and get one!
Happy Day,
Mango girl

View Profile of mangogirl808 Send a personal message to mangogirl808  Email mangogirl808     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation