[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The Tiki Terrace
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
The Tiki Terrace
Kalani
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-11 10:14 am   Permalink

Its official... Coming this October.... 1 S. Wolf Road, Prospect Heights, IL 60070... just minutes from O'hare airport.

The Tiki Terrace... a full service restaurant, tiki bar and entertainment venue. Approx 3000 sq ft... seating 60-70.

We would love to have you! If you can make it to the grand opening week, we will have free food, entertainment, free merchandise and more.

Free Tiki Terrace Tees to the first 100 registered Tiki Terrace VIP's. Register at
www.thetikiterrace.com ... we are at approximately 75 members now so hurry for the free tee. No obligation to register.

Decor by A Custom Production, www.acustomproduction.com
Entertainment by The Barefoot Hawaiian, www.barefoothawaiian.com

What to expect. We are going with a faux rock and tropical theme. Much of walls will be covered with rock formation and large Maoi statues still connected to the rocks. Many greens. About 20 wood carved tikis custom made for this place. We will have an approx 17' X 10' stage for music and Hawaiian entertainment. We have a concept called the Kapa Nui Cove which should be very fun! This will be an enclosed "hut" type area which will seat up to 12 guests for parties and meetings. Since one of the partners is the owner of the Barefoot Hawaiian, we will have cocktail waitress/entertainers. We would like to offer a short hula dance at the top of every hour with our waitresses. Those are all the main ideas. I will keep you all updated through Oct.

I will post pics as we demo/renovate.

Thanks for listening!
Scott

View Profile of Kalani Send a personal message to Kalani  Email Kalani Goto the website of Kalani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2005-07-11 11:51 am   Permalink

Sounds cool. I registered. Will I get a t-shirt?

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 12:34 pm   Permalink

Glad to hear more tiki will be in Chicago-and I just registered.Thanks for the heads up.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 8:13 pm   Permalink

cant wait!!!....ill be there opening night or asap!!!

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 9:21 pm   Permalink

Me too Me too.....hope it signed up in time for a
free shirt....I missed Exotica but I will be sure to
make it for the grand opening (if I am a VIP).

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exotica59
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 05:15 am   Permalink

I signed up too! I can't wait for the opening! Always up for another tiki place within driving distance!
Best wishes and much success!

View Profile of exotica59 Send a personal message to exotica59  Email exotica59     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 06:19 am   Permalink

Fantabuloso! We signed up yesterday and are looking forward to it checkin' out. Nice work! See y'all at the Grand Opening.
TTFN,
D&C

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kalani
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-17 08:58 am   Permalink

Update on The Tiki Terrace:

Here is our first newletter... you can view it at
http://www.thetikiterrace.com/newsletters/ttt_newsltr20050915.htm

It is now 2.5 months into the build out. We are doing the build out ourselves and to be honest, my brothers and I are tired. We are enterting the inspection process which can be a difficult time. But we are slowly progressing. The decor is about half way installed. All the large scale decor will be fabricated and installed in about 3 weeks,,, we hope.

I know many of you were in the first 100 group to register on our mailing list and are due a free tiki terrace tee shirt. They are all printed and will be in the mail shortly. Sorry for the delay with this.

Thanks for listening.
Kalani
The Tiki Terrace

View Profile of Kalani Send a personal message to Kalani  Email Kalani Goto the website of Kalani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-17 10:14 am   Permalink

I'm now a VIP member. Can't wait for the Grand Opening in Oct.

View Profile of ted tiki Send a personal message to ted tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-17 9:16 pm   Permalink

Now THAT is the way it should be done. Looks top notch. I'd love to carve something for you.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-17 11:22 pm   Permalink

I'd be on board for some carvings too... I think you may have seen my work at Exotica... let me know... after Hukilau my carving duties are open... I can even deliver right to you since I'm fairly close.... good luck with the progress!

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-09-17 23:25 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-18 08:59 am   Permalink

Man oh Man, I wish I lived closer to Chicago. Your special Grand Opening sounds like quite an exciting event. I will Hate missing this. Be sure to take lots of photos (in all your spare time!) and post them here for all us "Outlanders" to see.
All you Chicago area tikiphiles are SOOO Lucky to be near this Fantastic little piece of "Hawaiian Heaven".
Best of luck to you on your opening night.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-18 09:42 am   Permalink

just got my shirt direct from the store...pretty cool!!! can't wait for the opening. from the newsletter, sounds like it will be awesome.....thinking of the food there is making me hungry already!! Anyone in the area that isn't aware of this place yet should check out their newsletter and website.....

Chicago is officially surrounded by tiki bars......tiki terrace to the northwest, hala kahiki to the west and chef shangri -la to the southwest....hurray!!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dawn32
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 04:29 am   Permalink

Any new news on the Grand Opening? I signed up for the newsletter but it was unfortunately too late for the t-shirt. I haven't really heard any new information on this lately.

View Profile of Dawn32 Send a personal message to Dawn32  Email Dawn32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 09:43 am   Permalink

i heard the 16th or 17th of this month(oct.), but havent heard anything in about 3 or 4 weeks now....

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation