FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Looking for Paul Page's "The Big Island Says Aloha"
Looking for Paul Page's "The Big Island Says Aloha"
adjensen

Posted: 2005-07-11 11:36 am   Permalink

I've really enjoyed Vegas Vic's Tiki Lounge, but one song in particular has stood out as my favourite, Page's "Chicken Kona Kaai". I'd like to track down a copy of the album it was on (or even just a copy of that song, although I'd prefer the whole album) but there's little to no information online about the record. Does anyone have more information about it, and hopefully knows an online source to buy a copy?

Thanks,

dale

View Profile of adjensen Send a personal message to adjensen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gwenners
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-11 1:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-11 11:36, adjensen wrote:
I've really enjoyed Vegas Vic's Tiki Lounge, but one song in particular has stood out as my favourite, Page's "Chicken Kona Kaai".

I to have been a-hunting for that track (though I believe it's on "Let's Have a Luau," credited to Paul Page and his Paradise Music, with the Island-aires). I'd dearly love to have the track, and, like you, would prefer the album. Beggars can't be choosers, though, so I'd gladly have the one.

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

View Profile of gwenners Send a personal message to gwenners  Goto the website of gwenners     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 4:53 pm   Permalink

Chicken Kona Kaai is in fact on The Big Island Says Aloha. Paul Page records are definitely some of the hardest to get. I was very lucky to get a Still Sealed original version of this one. Crappy cover scan below:

View Profile of vegasvic Send a personal message to vegasvic  Email vegasvic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 4:57 pm   Permalink

The same version of Chicken Kona Kai is also on Pieces Of Eight.

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
adjensen

Posted: 2005-07-12 6:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-12 16:53, vegasvic wrote:
Chicken Kona Kaai is in fact on The Big Island Says Aloha. Paul Page records are definitely some of the hardest to get. I was very lucky to get a Still Sealed original version of this one.

Neat album cover. I guess this one never made it to cd, eh?

Thank you, Vic, for sharing such great music on the Live365 station. It's a frequent player for me!

dale

View Profile of adjensen Send a personal message to adjensen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gwenners
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-13 1:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-12 16:53, vegasvic wrote:
Chicken Kona Kaai is in fact on The Big Island Says Aloha.

I suspect it may well, then, be on more than one record of his. I've got credible information (though I can no longer find the cover scans to verify this) that the track "Chicken Kona Kai" appears on Let's Have a Luau (Paradise PM-8669). At least that was the copy of the track that was DJ'ed at the last SF Crawl.

The real question, though, is if there is a copy of this track a-floating around out there.

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

View Profile of gwenners Send a personal message to gwenners  Goto the website of gwenners     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2005-07-15 3:24 pm   Permalink

If you want to trade.......pm me. I have a cd with Paul Page "Hawaiian Honeymoon" + "Let's Have A Luau" . It also has Gene Rains "Rains In The Tropics", but I can remove that album if you wish..........

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bellybongo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-20 11:10 am   Permalink

I have the LP in great shape, email me if interested, I want $40. I don't make CDr's

View Profile of bellybongo Send a personal message to bellybongo  Goto the website of bellybongo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation