FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Never mind, move along. Nothing left to see.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Never mind, move along. Nothing left to see.
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 7:20 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 16:04 ]

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 1:35 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 7:06 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 16:05 ]

tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-18 9:38 pm   Permalink

Welcome to the Hukilau 2005 Home Bar Tour Ticket Challenge!

Here's your chance to match wits with your fellow tikiphiles for tickets to join us for the Hukilau 2005 Home Bar Tour. The Home Bar Tour will begin on Sunday, October 9, 2005, at 4:00 pm and will last for 6 hours (maybe 7 or . Ride in style and comfort on our very own S.S. Hukilau with the musical stylings of the incomparable King Kukulele and special guests Haole Kats as we take you on a exciting trip to see four south Florida homes - the tour is limited to 52 people. Good food, excellent drinks and a fabulous time will be enjoyed by the lucky winners. Bring your ukulele and make this a truly unforgettable trip!

There will be four (4) questions asked, by email, with a fifth tie-breaker question. Please do not respond to this email with your answers, they will not be counted! Respond with your answer to
homebartour@thehukilau.com. You have three life-lines so feel free to poll the audience if needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~The First Question~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How many islands or island nations are represented by the different rooms
of the Mai-Kai?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember, send your answers to homebartour@thehukilau.com no later than Friday, July 22nd! Sending your answers anywhere else may be cause for social embarrassment or public harassment. Correct answers will be asked
the next questions in the following weeks, about a week apart each. If you get your answer wrong, you will be excluded from further emails. Thank you for playing and we do hope you enjoy the other fabulous events we have
planned for the Hukilau.

If you have any questions, please email to homebartour@thehukilau.com

Good Luck!

Tiki Kiliki

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-19 11:55 am   Permalink

How about if I just pay ya $10 extra for a ticket?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-19 2:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-19 11:55, Unga Bunga wrote:
How about if I just pay ya $10 extra for a ticket?

See Rule 7 above.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FOOLFORTIKIS
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-19 2:51 pm   Permalink

I have two home bar tour tickets for sale on Ebay right now. Search for words; Shag, retro, Eames-era, mid-century modern, tiki, and Sven!

View Profile of FOOLFORTIKIS Send a personal message to FOOLFORTIKIS      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-07-19 3:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-19 14:51, FOOLFORTIKIS wrote:
I have two home bar tour tickets for sale on Ebay right now. Search for words; Shag, retro, Eames-era, mid-century modern, tiki, and Sven!

I don't get it Bruce - it's not April Fools today, is it?

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-20 08:30 am   Permalink

tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-30 1:20 pm   Permalink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well Done Everyone! This was actually a trick question....

If you said five, we will give you one half point and let you keep playing.

If you said six, you get a full point.

If you said seven, eight, or nine, you get bonus points!

The main dinning rooms are Samoa, Tahiti, Tonga, Hawaii, New Guinea/New Zealand and Moorea.

Tahiti and Moorea are in 'the back' and not part of the main dinning room. You have seen them on your way out to the gardens, but you may not have actually been seated in them, you can't see the show.

The sixth room, and this is the trick part of the question, is the Molokai bar. One could argue that Molokai is a Hawaiian island, and you would be correct. But it is a separate room and they will serve you dinner if you choose.

And the others...

When you first pull into the Mai-Kai, there is the Bora-Bora room to your right. It can be reserved for private parties and corporate events. I imagine few of you have actually gotten a change at the inside of it, but several entertaining rumors persist in spite of that fact.

If we are going to count the Molokai as a separate island, we might as well count Lanai. The Mai-Kai gardens can be considered the Lanai and would therefore count as number eight on our list. Moan and groan if you must, but we didn't say this was going to be easy.

And then number Nine... (Some Mai-Kai trivia for you) What is now the gift shop used to be a private dinning area for V.I.P.'s and was called the Bangkok dinning room. It has been the gift shop since the eighties, but Hazel and the ladies insisted we count this room as well.

Now then, on two question number Two:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who wrote the Hukilau Song, and when.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember, this is an open book test. But, it is still frowned upon to look at your neighbors answer. Cheaters never win, at least not after the drug test. You still have three life-lines left. Would you like to poll the audience?

Respond with your answers to
homebartour@thehukilau.com no later than Friday, August 5th.

If you have any questions, send an email to homebartour@thehukilau.com.

Mahalo, and Good Luck!

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki 2005-07-30 13:21 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-23 7:03 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 16:03 ]

Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-27 1:21 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 16:06 ]

Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 7:21 pm   Permalink

Pomaika i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-02 06:16 am   Permalink

I love seeing the Mara Amu on tour.

I have a picture of my dog sniffing one of mine while she wears a lei.

View Profile of Pomaika i Send a personal message to Pomaika i      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-08 3:30 pm   Permalink

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation