FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Your first concert: Who, Where, When.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Your first concert: Who, Where, When.
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-11 1:36 pm   Permalink

We saw the same show at the Shoreline, in Mountain View -- GREAT Show! It was amazing how the washing machines fit right in with the show.

Quote:

On 2006-11-11 13:29, lucas vigor wrote:

Last: RUSH, at Irvine Meadows. (the tour with the washing machines)

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-11 7:19 pm   Permalink

The Motels
1981(ish)
@ Toad's Place just off Yale (New Haven) campus
FAB show!
ok, ok, I know...I got a late start at concert attendance, my parents wouldn't let me go...something about concerts and drugs...

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala_kahiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-12 12:18 am   Permalink

the rolling stones
@ the orange bowl, in miami, FL
1997....i'm only 19! haha

I saw my first concert at 10, and it was the stones, I think that's pretty darn cool!!

[ This Message was edited by: hala_kahiki 2006-11-12 00:22 ]

View Profile of hala_kahiki Send a personal message to hala_kahiki  Email hala_kahiki Goto the website of hala_kahiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-12 6:33 pm   Permalink

November 7, 1987
Providence Civic Center
Providence, RI

RUSH!
It was the Hold Your Fire tour and I was just as pumped for that show as I am today when they come around. The only difference now is the price of the ticket - then 18.50, now around 85.

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thegreenman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-12-26 5:44 pm   Permalink

Hollywood Sportatorium, Florida 1982

Rush - Moving Pictures Tour.
Infamous tear gas and riot concert, and yeah my mom dropped us off in front just like in "Almost Famous".

Completely out of control first concert to attend.

View Profile of thegreenman Send a personal message to thegreenman  Email thegreenman Goto the website of thegreenman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-26 9:43 pm   Permalink

The first concert I ever went to was Janis Joplin with Big Brother & The Holding Company.....simply fabulous (I can still hear her singing in my head). I have been to other great concerts too....I'll be back with a list of some of them....which will surely relegate me to the old/teetering on Alzheimers category.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-26 11:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-26 17:44, thegreenman wrote:

Infamous tear gas and riot concert, and yeah my mom dropped us off in front just like in "Almost Famous".

That happened when I was in high school in Ft. Lauderdale. I have friends that were at that show. I wish I was there!!!!

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-26 11:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-26 17:44, thegreenman wrote:

That happened when I was in high school in Ft. Lauderdale. I have friends that were at that show. I wish I was there!!!!

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-28 9:45 pm   Permalink

Loggins and Messina (before Kenny threw his integrity in the rubbish bin). With some guy I'd never heard of as the opening act.
Leo Kottke. No singing, just vaseline machine gun finger-pickin'for a straight hour. Whoaaaaah....

1972, Cowtown Ballroom, Kansas City, MO. $5.00 maybe $5.50

Best concert: 1973 Babe Ruth, the headliner cancelled. Damn. Had to listen to this opening band I'd never heard of for the whole night:

Genesis! Selling England By The Pound tour.
Phil Collins played his ass off and didn't sing a bloody word (thank God). Peter Gabriel was ON.

[ This Message was edited by: squid 2006-12-28 22:02 ]

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-08 5:59 pm   Permalink

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 10:52 am   Permalink

Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Guess Who and Southwind...November 28th, 1969 The Forum in Inglewood, Ca.

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 5:02 pm   Permalink

I can't believe I would even admit this BUT....1974 (I was 11) Bay City Rollers! Yeah! S-A-T-U-R D-A-Y NIGHTS! I did, however, see Harry Chapin with my folks when I was about 9 - not too long before he died.

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 5:23 pm   Permalink

John Schneider (yep Bo Duke from Dukes of Hazzard) was my first concert. I was 8 years old and it was at Magic Mountain. My Mom had won tickets and I was a HUGE fan. I think I still have one of his LP's

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 8:54 pm   Permalink

Summer 1979, San Diego Jack Murphy Stadium (now called Qualcomm)

Blue Oyster Cult
Cheap Trick
UFO
Pat Travers

Quite mindblowing being young and impressionable, and seeing all of that for a first concert!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-26 08:15 am   Permalink

...believe it or not Bob Dylans Rolling Thunder Revue in Fort Collins ...my sister & i sold PEPSI in the stands of the OUTDOOR auditorium to go for FREE ..and it POURED like MAD..only the STONERS with cotton mouth bought anything but it was a GREAT concert ..I was like 13 and wrote an article on it for my JR HIGH paper...hundreds YAWNED

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation