FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Tikiwahine's Creations - Update Jan 22 - Mug shelf & rockin' out
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Tikiwahine's Creations - Update Jan 22 - Mug shelf & rockin' out
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 10:57 am   Permalink

Aloha all!

Here are a couple of tiki related things I've done. I'll add more as they come, however few and far between they are. I hope you enjoy my creations!

First off is the Moai bowl I drempt about in a hotel room, then awoke and just had to draw it. The bowl looks more like a hat or an angel food cake pan than a volcano, but dreams are funny sometimes!
Maybe someday I could refine this idea and actually make a bowl from it, that would be cool.

Next is an idea I've had for a long time. To combine tiki patio lights with solar powered garden stakes. Unfortunately, this was an expensive endeavor, and I've only done one so far. When husband returns I'll send him back to Home depot for more supplies(nuts and washers and such) so I can do all the other colours. They ended up costing me around $20 each in supplies.

[ This Message was edited by: Tikiwahine 2008-01-22 17:56 ]

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 11:03 am   Permalink

Very, VERY cool stuff, Tikiwahine... I had no idea that there was such creativity brewing there!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 11:13 am   Permalink

Tikiwahine, how about a Solar Powered Tiki Garden Light how-to & photo essay? I'm sure more people than just me are interested in the possibilities.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 11:36 am   Permalink

Thanks Sam!

I feel tiny in this vast sea of professional artistry, I can't believe I started my own thread!

Tapa lamps, fish float lamps, wicker lamps, small tiki quilts(wallhangings), drawings & a ceiling installation are other things you can expect to see here in the next few months.

Freddie, I will definitely do that.

It'll have to wait until next month, but when I put the other ones together I'll do a photo journal & how-to.
Chop sticks come into play, in an unexpected, mechanical way.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 2:37 pm   Permalink

Very cool. I would like to see the lamp how to . I hope you will post pics of your tiki renovation when you start.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 3:02 pm   Permalink

Yay for the Wahine. Bring it on girl.... Bring it on.

No one is tiny in this sea of small fish

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 5:14 pm   Permalink

Nice first "creating" post TiWa. The solar lamp looks sweet. Now you have to keep 'em coming.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 10:19 pm   Permalink

Go Wahine!

Great idea for the solar lamps. I just bought a set at Costco - I wonder if they can be converted?

Aaron

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 10:33 pm   Permalink

That is a very cool idea!!! Good Job TW!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 12:52 am   Permalink

When I saw your post I thought of a brand new technology and I love the opportunity to share.

Konarka’s photovoltaic fibers and durable plastics bring power-generating capabilities to structures including tent, awnings, roofs, windows and window coverings.

Huge potential for investors and inventors/designers.

Every one is an artist. I have a friend who owns a land scaping business. You might not think mowing lawns and digging in gardens is an artform. I drove by one of the run down properties he recently took over. you should see this yard now. It is a masterpiece.

http://www.konarka.com/products/

The torch is a neat idea. This site might give you some design options.

Aloha
E

[ This Message was edited by: AlienTiki 2005-07-13 00:53 ]

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 01:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-12 11:36, Tikiwahine wrote:
I feel tiny in this vast sea of professional artistry, I can't believe I started my own thread!

Tapa lamps, fish float lamps, wicker lamps, small tiki quilts(wallhangings), drawings & a ceiling installation are other things you can expect to see here in the next few months.

What are you on? From the sound of it you have plenty to offer! From these early pieces, the quality and ingenuity is up there too. Cool going, can't wait to see more

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 05:31 am   Permalink

Now there's a "Bright" idea. Actually these are Very neat and look Cool. Get mor ehardware so we can see'em all.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 05:33 am   Permalink

I love the light.Great idea-chopsticks-hoodathunk?

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 10:22 am   Permalink

Hey everyone!
Thanks for the kind words & encouragement!
Very much appreciated

That's very interesting AlienTiki. Other forms of energy have always interested me. My husband and I have talked about installing a
heat pump on our property, but have settled with an on-demand tankless hot water system, for now.

After installing electricity to my pond and a sprinkler system, I'm done with digging trenches. Solar power helps me feel better about having the waterfall running 24/7

Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-14 12:21 pm   Permalink

Yesterday my Dad stopped by my work and we had a conversation about adding an little roof extension to the back of the addition on my house.

I scribbled it down on the back of my time sheet, and decided to scan it before handing it in today. Here it is! Not technical or anything, but since I'm turning my current patio into the enclosed Huki Lounge(it will be attached to the left side of the building in this drawing), I'll need another outdoor spot for the BBQ, patio furniture, etc.

I think it would be super cool to have something like this projecting into the backyard!
(float would of course be illuminated)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation