FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tikiwahine's Creations - Update Jan 22 - Mug shelf & rockin' out
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Tikiwahine's Creations - Update Jan 22 - Mug shelf & rockin' out
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-14 1:40 pm   Permalink

Something like this?

Humphrey's Half Moon Inn, San Diego.

Smaller, reverse view.

[ This Message was edited by: freddiefreelance 2005-07-14 13:42 ]

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-14 1:43 pm   Permalink

haha! YA!
It has to be self supported, and maybe slightly smaller.
Only slightly though

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-14 3:12 pm   Permalink

Did your dream bowl look like this???

Love the light project you did by the way!

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-14 3:24 pm   Permalink

Woah! That's awesome 8'!
That bowl has a wayy better volcano that the one in my dream, but the colour is almost identical! Same shade, and the moai are almost the exact same size!

I would say that is more the bowl of my dreams, and almost the bowl in my dreams!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 7:41 pm   Permalink

I wish I had dreams like this. Ok get to sculpting!

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
motiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-17 6:48 pm   Permalink

TW what great ideas! Putting the hat on the solar lights will save them from losing color in the sun and gives them a great Oriental look!

View Profile of motiki Send a personal message to motiki  Goto the website of motiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-17 7:16 pm   Permalink

Hey Motiki! Thanks!

The hat is unfortunately only evening attire.

Beneath it is the solar panel that gathers energy during the day, however he does look rather smart in it.

CondorTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-17 10:27 pm   Permalink

Great Idea TW! Looks Fab!

View Profile of CondorTiki Send a personal message to CondorTiki  Email CondorTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NitroAgogo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-23 10:11 am   Permalink

hey tikiwahine, i just saw you bit about the solar powered tiki lights in the backyard!! soooo kewl! i love it. great job dear!
maholo nui

View Profile of NitroAgogo Send a personal message to NitroAgogo  Goto the website of NitroAgogo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 11:33 am   Permalink

Earlier this year I had an idea for a lit address sign. Made from metal, it would have cutouts with frosted glass behind, then lit from within. The part on the top is supposed to be flames. I think photoshop screwed them up or something, they hardly look like flames in this picture, but you get the idea.

My husband said that it's too crazy looking(our house has a sort of english cottage look to the front of it), and it would have to be huge for the numbers to be big enough. I didn't quite understand what his point was.

He suggested that I have someone make me some little guys like this, as garden lights, and thus the solar powered tiki idea came about. I would still love to have one or more of these made from a cylinder of metal, without the numbers of course.

When the 5 palm trees I planted out front get bigger, he might just change his mind.

Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 11:42 am   Permalink

I drew this guy one day, I was thinking that there aren't nearly enough moku sporting tikis. He's very simple, but I thought I'd share anyhow.

Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 11:45 am   Permalink

Cool! I'd recommend redoing the entire front of the house to match your sign.

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 12:49 pm   Permalink

Youve been holding out on us. The metal tiki sign is a great idea.. Now when hubby is away just convert the front of the house . He cant make you change it back once its done.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 2:34 pm   Permalink

That last one could be a cool tattoo.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-12 12:42 pm   Permalink

I have another light related project I forgot all about!
Last year for the Hukilau I made a pufferfish necklace.
It was hard getting him to swallow the tiny bulb

Great Minds Drink Alike

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation