FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tikiwahine's Creations - Update Jan 22 - Mug shelf & rockin' out
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Tikiwahine's Creations - Update Jan 22 - Mug shelf & rockin' out
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-16 11:58 am   Permalink

Great job TW. I dig the flooring. It really changes a room. This is gonna be great to watch. I'm sure your about over it already. It sure makes life a mess for a few days while transforming and usually makes the animals go nuts too. Hang in there and please post pics and techniques of projects. We all can learn from watching.

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-16 1:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks Loki! It's really fun finally being able to change a room to what you've been dreaming of. It's a lot of work, but well worth it when you can sit down and relax in a space you're happy with.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AllisonV
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-16 2:11 pm   Permalink

Nice!!! I am fully stealing your idea of using the bamboo to hide speaker wires. My roomate slapped our surround-sound speakers up on the walls, and I've been trying to think of some way to cover the wires!

View Profile of AllisonV Send a personal message to AllisonV      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-05-16 6:38 pm   Permalink

nicely done! It's amazing how a new floor and some paint can TOTALLY transform a room. Now you have you rblank slate for the tiki bar/room...this is where the fun REALLY begins

thanks for the update and I'm looking forward to seeing the room come alive! and to see some of those 12 hanging lamps you've been talking about. sounds cool!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-16 7:41 pm   Permalink

Looking good so-far Tikiwahine can't wait to see more!!! Thanks for sharing pic's.
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-16 7:48 pm   Permalink

Cool pics wahine - waiting for more!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 10:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-16 11:42, pablus wrote:
I was talking with the Amber Love Goddess this weekend and asked her where we'd like to end up and number one on her list was Victoria.

So... you may have some new Tiki Neighbors in a decade or so.
That cherry floor should be wearing in just about right by then.

That's great news Pablus! Victoria is a wonderful place to live, we've always got an open door and Absinth waiting for you.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 11:44 am   Permalink

Alright then. TW this is very inspiring for those that can't have it outside all yr long. I have to ask (tis me nature) where's the Bar? lol

Keep posting pics......we love em.

Mahaloz

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 11:50 am   Permalink

Hey McTiki!

No bar...yet though it is in the plans. First a huge built-in wall cabinet/entertainment unit needs to be created, then I get to built the bar. I already have plans for a surfboard glass rack suspended above the bar, and I've been experimenting with two part resin for the actual bar top.

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 11:52 am   Permalink

Whoa! Wish I had the headroom for a surfboard glass rack. Could barely fit a 2 footer in there as it is lol. Lookin good. At least you won't sweat gallons building it over the summer months! Looks like your havin fun. Get back to work girl.

Mc

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 11:56 am   Permalink

Oh ya, I'm still looking for an old board to paint.
If anyone has one that's past it's prime they'd like to donate I can definitely give it a good home!

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 12:00 pm   Permalink

And free drinks for life?

Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 12:05 pm   Permalink

But of course!
Free Drinks for Life plus a place to crash overnight
(cuz after my drinks you're gonna need it )

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 12:15 pm   Permalink

Lookie! (not mine) just ideas....

E-bay Link #1

E-bay Link #2

E-bay Link #3

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine - to shorten overly long links - 2006-05-17 12:45 ]

Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 12:46 pm   Permalink

Wow, those are cheap!
Thanks McTiki, if I can't find a cheap/free authentic board, I might just go that route. Plus, Washington is just across the water from me.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation