FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tikiwahine's Creations - Update Jan 22 - Mug shelf & rockin' out
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Tikiwahine's Creations - Update Jan 22 - Mug shelf & rockin' out
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 7:08 pm   Permalink

Aloha! We've just finished the next step in the tiki room transformation - the all important ceiling!

Here you can see the brand new fan, installed by DrunkenMunky. He installed the first two sheets of bamboo matting yesterday.

He does my heavy grunt work, but I stained each sheet myself. It took 15 4'X8' sheets to do the whole ceiling, I stained all 20 of them which took me three days to do out in the backyard. They had to be brought in at night, so finding spots for them was a bit of a challenge.

Here's the ceiling completely covered. The next major step will be to create a large carved beam running the ridge of the ceiling, and lots of bamboo trim of course. I have many lamps that will be hung and plugged into each of the 12 sockets we now have up there, I'll post some pictures when I get the hooks put in and a few lamps hung. The sockets are hooked up to two dimmer switches for that dark ambiance tiki rooms require.

*Also note the sweeeet Rodeo Tiki mask that's been placed at a position of authori-tay

I hope ya like what we've done so far!
If you have any questions about the process, please don't hesitate to ask.
Mahalo!

One Sway at a Time

[ This Message was edited by: Tikiwahine 2006-08-27 15:12 ]

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 7:45 pm   Permalink

sooooo amazing !!! you should be so happy happy!!!

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 9:23 pm   Permalink

great job so far.....

Keep it up.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-02 10:39 am   Permalink

I AM so excited rodeo!
I didn't think we'd get it all done before Jeff had to leave(this morning at 6am). He was determined though! What a good hubby, to go along with my wacky tiki dreams.

Thanks Monk! Your post about installing lots of matting was of great inspiration to me. You and your wife did such a beautiful job!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-03 12:16 am   Permalink

Thats looking great! Cant wait to see more.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-03 11:56 am   Permalink

Thanks Hewey!
I just bought another lamp yesterday, and am hoping to hang some soon.

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-03 12:24 pm   Permalink

It's looking great TikiWahine... I'm envious!

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-03 7:22 pm   Permalink

Mucho Mahalos Sam!
I can't wait to get all the tiki bits and pieces in there, I have all sorts of art to hang!

finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-03 7:26 pm   Permalink

That ceiling looks incredible! I wish mine were half as tall.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-27 3:15 pm   Permalink

I bought a huge fake banana tree this week. Though I still need to get it into a larger pot, here it is temporarily erected in the Huki Lounge.

Great Minds Drink Alike

rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-27 3:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-27 15:15, Tikiwahine wrote:Though I still need to get it larger, here it is erected in the Huki Lounge.

You always did like large erect things ....

Room is looking really good.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-27 3:24 pm   Permalink

Thanks Rodeo! I'm saving a spot for a very secial surfin tiki.

And quit putting words into my mouth, I reserve that spot for other things too.

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-27 3:49 pm   Permalink

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-05 01:18 am   Permalink

Kia ora Tikiwahine! Thanks for your compliments on my work. Being a bit of a newbie & with head spinning, Im just doing the rounds, sussing you all out, haha! Hugely jealous of the great digs & collection. Most impressed with your creations also, the wee illuminated puffer-fish is a ripper!heehee You guys got STYLE! Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-05 2:34 pm   Permalink

That's a fake banana tree? Wow, looks pretty real from the photo. Where did you get that? It's really cool. Nice room too. Coming along really good.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation