FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving new to the game..
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
new to the game..
curb creature
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-13 02:01 am   Permalink

this is the 3rd & 4th.attempt at carving.they took about 5hrs. each.comments welcome good or bad..thanx ahead.

View Profile of curb creature Send a personal message to curb creature  Email curb creature Goto the website of curb creature     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 02:05 am   Permalink

Cool looking work for 3rd and 4th attempt. Maybe round the tongue on the right one? might flow a little better design wise?

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
curb creature
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-13 02:13 am   Permalink

here is my 5th. attempt.

View Profile of curb creature Send a personal message to curb creature  Email curb creature Goto the website of curb creature     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
curb creature
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-13 02:32 am   Permalink

here are some molds i airbrushed using automotive paint../comments welcome..

saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 04:53 am   Permalink

sweet!

View Profile of saxotica Send a personal message to saxotica  Email saxotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 05:28 am   Permalink

Excellent work CurbCreature. Where are #'s 1 and 2?? Excellent tikis , especially for beginning first 5. Show us more, you have us hooked.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 05:30 am   Permalink

Stunning!The talent on this site never ceases to amaze and delight me.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 06:15 am   Permalink

Cool. I'm interested in seeing some more pics of those air brushed tikis too. Nice work

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ManoKoa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-13 07:07 am   Permalink

I see a lot of improvement w/ the carvings. How are you finishing them up? Some of the lines between natural/black seem kinda jagged and surface in some spots like the board behind the head could use some smoothing. They are still great pieces regardless of how I critique.

The airbrushed pieces are awesome and I love the gloss of the automotive paint. The half pinstriped moai is a killer. Can we get a closeup?

Awesome work. Stay busy w/ em.

View Profile of ManoKoa Send a personal message to ManoKoa  Email ManoKoa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
curb creature
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-13 10:08 am   Permalink

thanx everyone who replied.as far as finishes go, i dont do a final "sand", because i am a big fan of tha "primitive" look.the last thing i want is a "storebought" look. i do not put any kind of varnish or clearcoat over them either.poted is my very first one along w/ some concrete molds i poured & painted..thanx again for the responses, i will do the same..

rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 11:13 am   Permalink

Nice work curbside. I like the look of the unfinished primative tiki. Although I tend to sand and varnish mine.

By the way , There is some kick ass paint work on your website. Any other pics of that bad ass purple flamed
wagon?

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfinstro
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-13 10:09 pm   Permalink

CurbCreature-
Thanks for showing the fine work you have done. What type of wood have used for the tiki's. They are great.

View Profile of surfinstro Send a personal message to surfinstro  Email surfinstro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 10:13 pm   Permalink

Yeayah!!!!

Bring it on Curb Creature.

Bring it.

Its always nice to have some fresh arteests around.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-14 08:33 am   Permalink

How "food safe" is auto paint? Those mugs look fantastic, but are they still useable as barware or have they become Shelfware? It'd almost be a pity to not be able to whip one of those out for a special drink.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-14 08:43 am   Permalink

Cool man. Just eyeballing ya website now. So far so cool in so cal

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation