FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Hewey's wood thread - Making a Paipo p20

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
Hewey's wood thread - Making a Paipo p20
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-26 04:19 am   Permalink

*Hewey coughs as he blows thw dust off this old thread...*

Been a while since I played with my wood, so thought I'd have a go and take some pics to share

Well for something different I'm going to make an Alaia, which is a traditional Hawaiian surfboard, like the one pictured below.

Alaia's are pretty hard to surf, so Im not even going to bother trying so for that reason I just bought a cheap sheet of butted pine from the local hardware store to make this. It will be for displaying in my tiki room or chucking on the roofrack of an old car (when I get one ).

Im also doing a 4 foot Paipo (basically the bellyboard equivalent of the Alaia), that will be made out of Paulownia wood, which is a much better wood for making a board.

Project start on the Alaia, butted pine plank.

The end of this Alaia gives you a good idea as to the profile and rails on these boards.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation