FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events London Bombings Beat King Kukulele!! 7:30AM CST 7/14/05
London Bombings Beat King Kukulele!! 7:30AM CST 7/14/05
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 11:49 am   Permalink

For those Tiki Centralites who tuned into WGN last friday to see King Kukulele and wondered where I went...I cant compete with the tragedy of the London bombings. So WGN kindly recorded a piece of my act to be aired tomorrow morning July 14th, 2005 at 7:30AM CENTRAL standard time, which is 5:30AM in California (You do the math). It will be aired during that half hour but Ive been told it will actually happen around 7:50 (or 5:50 in California or 2:30 in Waikiki) I hope you can catch it, and I hope you enjoy it.

Mahalo!
King Kukulele

View Profile of King Kukulele Send a personal message to King Kukulele  Email King Kukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 12:08 pm   Permalink

Hey King,
I was at lunch a little while ago, and WGN midday news was on the TV, and low and behold I see you in a commercial for your spot tommorrow morning.
You were fantastical this past weekend, and it was an incredible closing act you did for us Sunday at the Chef! Hope to see you back up Chi-town way again soon.
TTFN

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-14 05:35 am   Permalink

Unfortunately the WGN I pickup is the Superstation. Only carries the Chicago noon and 9 o'clock news. Religious programs in the a.m. Was looking forward to it too.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-14 06:03 am   Permalink

Dude,
Just saw your bit on WGN. You really crack me up! That was out a control! WAY COOL!
Long Live the King!!!!

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-14 07:35 am   Permalink

& our WGN picks up "Happy Days" during that time slot - big bummer

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 4:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks for tuning in guys,
I had no idea that WGN had two sets of programming! Man between the London bombings and my misinformation I feel like I really put my foot in my mouth. Well I hope to be back in Chicago soon, I had a great time and I really appreciate you enjoying the shows. Its a real honor to be invited to entertain and its always a blast when there's kids to pick on.
Mahalo!
King Kukulele

View Profile of King Kukulele Send a personal message to King Kukulele  Email King Kukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation