FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki Short Fiction...need your input!
Tiki Short Fiction...need your input!
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 07:58 am   Permalink

This was the first part of a short story that I wrote/am still writing for a TC project that seems to have disappeared... take a read and tell me what you think. I'm still working on finishing it up slowly. If the wheels ever start rolling on the project and if it's deemed worthy we might see it in print some day.

Here's the link...

http://home.comcast.net/~johntiki/tikinoir1.doc

...let me know what you think.

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoddess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 3:18 pm   Permalink

GREAT! I want to read more! Excellent work! I am huge noir fan so this is right up my alley and the tiki-esque touches make it even better.

View Profile of TikiGoddess Send a personal message to TikiGoddess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 3:26 pm   Permalink

Love it! Keep it going! The movie should be in black and white.

I wrote a complete story for the same project. I stayed up late nights to get it done by the deadline of Thanksgiving of last year! Haven't heard anything about it since. Could anyone perhaps just do a web page or something to get everything posted that was done for that project? Just a thought. I know there are many others out there like us.

[ This Message was edited by: finkdaddy 2005-07-15 18:23 ]

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 6:13 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the positive feedback... Finkdaddy if I had any computer know-how I'd definitely create a site that would feature Tiki short-stories and other tiki related musings. I heard recently from Tiki Chris and he mentioned he may attempt to get the ball rolling again but I'm sure he's busy with Kamapua'a. We'll see...

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 6:21 pm   Permalink

Sounds great! I look forward to the next installment. I'm already obsessed with the fact that no one has seen a wharf rat in two weeks. Where are they? What does their disappearance signify?

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 6:23 pm   Permalink

That would be great if he could. I don't think there would be to much involved since most of the writing and art is done already. We would just need someone to put it together and post it. Maybe even just a PDF that all the TCers could download. I have no computer savy though, that's why I haven't taken the wheel myself.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-16 12:35 am   Permalink

Cool dude. Well written. Love the syle of your writing.

I wrote a short piece for the "mysterious island pier" creating tiki theme of the month topic.

I also wrote a 1 page story with a guy driving a hot rod through the night streets. Hoping to film it with my neighbour and their '67 mustang, in a gritty black and white style. Its posted here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=15362&forum=6&hilite=mustang

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation