FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Trader Vic's is coming back
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Trader Vic's is coming back
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-11-28 5:54 pm   Permalink

The Hotel Vally Ho in Scottsdale is finally opening on December 20th. Trader Vic's isn't due to open until May '06. I checked rates for a Saturday and June and it starts at over $200 a night. Ouch!

www.hotelvalleyho.com

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-28 6:03 pm   Permalink

Good news!

Drift and Trader Vics' both in Scottsdale (Phoenix).

Any news on Trader Vic's in Vegas?

[ This Message was edited by: christiki295 2005-11-28 18:04 ]

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-11-29 09:45 am   Permalink

Good news on the Vic's front-

Bellevue is coming along nicely and looks to be on schedule.

AJ Berger, formerly of TV Chicago and currently of TV SF, is confirmed as the GM of Scottsdale and will be moving down there in January to oversee development along with the hotel. It will be in good hands- AJ is a pro.

Vegas Vic's is another story. Look for the end of the year. It's going to be a different concept, which I can't really get into here, partly because I shouldn't and partly because I don't fully understand it. Expect something much different. They have the space, but nothing else is happening with the development just yet.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-11-29 09:50 am   Permalink

Martin, when I went in to TV's SF last week for lunch, Tony the bartender was telling me that ICE tiki is where it's at ... !!

(btw, teach that one how to make a Hinky Dink's Fizz)

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 10:00 am   Permalink

I was at Trader Vic's Chicago this weekend & heard the official word that the restaurant will close forever at midnight on December 31st. It is a shame & this historic location will be sadly missed! They had also sadly replaced the traditional Trader Vic's drink menus with a 1-pager that is full of typos (anyone for a "Scoporian Bowl" or a "Potted Parot"???). I lost count at about 6 typos....

BUT - the possible brighter lining is that we were told that a NEW Trader Vic's location will be opening in Chicago!!!!!! Likely on Michigan Avenue, though I did not get the impression that Real Estate was actually secured, yet. It was also shared with us that much of the existing Chicago Trader Vic's interior would be carefully dismantled, stored & used in the new location. While a new location won't be the same at the historic location today, it sounds like it will still have some link to the heritage of the old location.

Timing was TBD, but sounded like MAYBE within a year.......Is there anyone out there who is more linked in with Trader Vic's & has more details they would be allowed to share?

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 11:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-29 09:45, martiki wrote:

Bellevue is coming along nicely and looks to be on schedule.

Thanks for the great news Martiki!
Do you know when 'on schedule' is? Last I heard it was late spring '06, does that mean April or May?

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 1:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-29 09:45, martiki wrote:
. . .

Vegas Vic's is another story. Look for the end of the year. It's going to be a different concept, which I can't really get into here, partly because I shouldn't and partly because I don't fully understand it. Expect something much different. They have the space, but nothing else is happening with the development just yet.

The tiki gods will absolve you - find out & let us know!

Where is the location?

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-11-29 2:39 pm   Permalink

Can't remember the exact Vegas location- strip I think- near the Aladdin

2007 for new Chicago- maybe.

March/April for Bellevue

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 3:05 pm   Permalink

Thanks very much!
I'm going if I have to swim over.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-01 1:09 pm   Permalink

Are things still looking good for the re-opening of the Vic's in Dallas this summer?

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-12-01 10:52 pm   Permalink

Nothing is happening in Dallas. Sorry.

Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-02 05:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

I beg to differ...

As far as I know things are still set for June '06, unless someone has different information.

[ This Message was edited by: kenike 2005-12-02 05:58 ]

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-02 9:59 pm   Permalink

word around the campfire is that the three level trader vics in vegas will be located across from the belagio....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-12-03 09:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-02 05:46, Kenike wrote:
Quote:

I beg to differ...

As far as I know things are still set for June '06, unless someone has different information.

I spoke with Sven Koch (VP in charge of North America) at work yesterday to get the latest. Sorry, but nothing is happening. No deal has been set, and he told me the guy went to the media way too soon. It's not impossible, but he described the situation as "very unlikely", and there's certainly no way it's going to happen in 2006.

If you happen to know this guy, please don't tell him what Sven said.

Keep hope alive for 07, Big D.

Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-04 08:23 am   Permalink

Quote:
I spoke with Sven Koch (VP in charge of North America) at work yesterday to get the latest. Sorry, but nothing is happening. No deal has been set, and he told me the guy went to the media way too soon. It's not impossible, but he described the situation as "very unlikely", and there's certainly no way it's going to happen in 2006.

If you happen to know this guy, please don't tell him what Sven said.

Keep hope alive for 07, Big D.

My heart just sank. This absolutely sucks in the biggest way. Thanks for the info...better to be let down now than in June when we're all expecting them to be open.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation