Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Number Six-Harry Potter and the HBP
Number Six-Harry Potter and the HBP
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-16 7:17 pm   Permalink

Well,I'm finished...and blown away!Worth the wait and then some.Got the books last night-stayed up until almost two,and then had to take a break for some sleep-JK has really topped herself-reads right along,more questions answered-surprises-it feels like I've gorged on a wonderful,highly awaited dinner for two years,and finished it off way too quickly.I need a cigarette now.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-16 7:35 pm   Permalink

my wife picked up her copy today; she's been reading since we got home.

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-16 9:17 pm   Permalink

OK!! Let's all promise - NO SPOILERS POSTED HERE!!!! I got my copy at Noon today, and I'm just past halfway through!! I'll be done by tomorrow for sure - tonight if I end up with insomnia!! It sure is good!

View Profile of PapeToaTane Send a personal message to PapeToaTane  Email PapeToaTane Goto the website of PapeToaTane     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-17 10:46 am   Permalink

I finished it last night, and it was very well done.

I had planned to take the entire weekend to read it, but I couldn't put it down.

I'll probably read it again in the next week or two.

J K Rowling is one of those authors that I can't stop reading. I have a few others. Orson Scott Card, Lois Duncan, Beverly Cleary, L M Montgomery, Douglas Adams, Carolyn Keene or The Stratemeyer Syndicate (whichever.)

I've read the Harry Potter books at least three times a year since 2000 when one of my neices got me hooked.

I wonder if Rowling will really stop after the 7th book.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-17 11:20 am   Permalink

I repeat.... NO SPOILERS! I haven't got it yet...

I think any writer who can get 12 year olds to put down thier gameboys and read giant books, should get a medal!

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benehune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-18 8:47 pm   Permalink

As should any kids' book that makes me pick up a dictionary.
Okay, I finished today, when is #7 due?

View Profile of Benehune Send a personal message to Benehune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-18 9:04 pm   Permalink

Tried to pace myself and make it last - no good!! Finished HBP this morning over coffee. Now, as always, the "second reading" is underway as I have started listening to Jim Dale's "Book-on-Tape" version.

View Profile of PapeToaTane Send a personal message to PapeToaTane  Email PapeToaTane Goto the website of PapeToaTane     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-19 05:15 am   Permalink

I'm reading it for the second time also.Can't wait to trade ideas and theories after everyone has read it who wants to.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Ape
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-22 3:55 pm   Permalink

It has been a couple of days now since I finished it, and well, I am still somewhat, well not sure what, is it just me or was this such a huge departure from the last 5 books?
It seems J.K. threw the whole formula of how she wrote the Potter books right out.
It was a great read, but left me stunned and confused with the ending. And pondering the future of the Year 7, how soon will it be here?!?! And why must it end there?

View Profile of Fez Ape Send a personal message to Fez Ape      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikibelle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-02 5:58 pm   Permalink

Just finished! I know, it took me longer then normal, but I got it late and have been ultra busy. Is anybody ready for a spolier thread? I want opinions.

Love Always,
Tikibelle

.:* _.*._ *:.
.:*`*:.*. .* .:**:.
.:*

View Profile of Tikibelle Send a personal message to Tikibelle  Email Tikibelle Goto the website of Tikibelle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation