FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Jonesy's Tiki....Update !!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Jonesy's Tiki....Update !!!
Jones

Posted: 2005-07-21 7:54 pm   Permalink

Here's my latest tiki.

[ This Message was edited by: Jones 2005-09-02 17:27 ]

View Profile of Jones Send a personal message to Jones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-21 7:59 pm   Permalink

Looks great. Wish my firat one was that smooth

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-21 8:03 pm   Permalink

Nice work! I really dig the mouth! welcome aboard, by the way!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfinstro
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-21 8:44 pm   Permalink

What size is that piece?
Nice job also!

View Profile of surfinstro Send a personal message to surfinstro  Email surfinstro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-21 9:37 pm   Permalink

Hi Jonesy, You're off to a great start there!
I particularly like the nose and mouth. The eyes have me a bit puzzled though. Are you going to add more details there? Anyway, as for stains, I suggest that you don't go too dark at first. In fact, take your time in making a selection and test it first on some of your chiseled shavings. Then when you are ready to stain the tiki, have a rag or old t-shirt ready to wipe off excess stain if it looks too dark to you. You can always add another coat later but you can't easily lighten it. Looking forward to seeing it completed.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-22 04:50 am   Permalink

Very nice for a first timer. Welcome to TC! Always good to have more artists on board. Nice style you got too.

My feedback, to be taken in a constructive manner. A bit more detail in th eyes? A gap between the goatee and mouth? And a nice light stain.

Well done, can't wait to see the finished shots, and of course the next tiki you make

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jones

Posted: 2005-07-24 07:22 am   Permalink

Hey Guys

Thanks for the advice, The piece is allmost 4ft. IT was scrap from a log home builder. I was thinking of adding pupils, and then cut out the gaps in between the teeth and use black stain on the pupils and teeth gaps then light stain the hole thing. I have another piece a bit bigger to work on after. Again thanks

Later

View Profile of Jones Send a personal message to Jones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-24 08:03 am   Permalink

Hey, that is looking goooood! You are off to a great start and already have a style.Be sure and update when you have him further along. I love those "in progress" pics and I know a lot of other folks here do as well.

View Profile of saxotica Send a personal message to saxotica  Email saxotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-07-24 2:48 pm   Permalink

welcome jonesy. excellent first tiki. keep up the good work.

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-24 6:18 pm   Permalink

Jones,

I dig it! Please post more pics as you get it further along. Your style is very different/fresh. I like that! I can't wait to see what you come up with as a finished product. I give it 4 saw revs (out of 5) so far, but I'm sure it will get 5 revs when it is finished! Take more pics!

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 05:50 am   Permalink

Nice "first one" Jones! Keep em coming.

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 09:27 am   Permalink

The eyes almost look like Moon Eyes before the pupils would be cut in. You can refer to Gav's Moon Eye Tiki to see what I mean. A very cool start!

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 10:09 pm   Permalink

i like the mouth and the nose. good job with the differnt layers. i have to agree about the eyes, they have good shape, but are missing something (slits or some type of eye ball). anyway good job on the carving, keep them coming.

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jones

Posted: 2005-08-08 2:33 pm   Permalink

Finally got it finished, Again thanks for the tips everyone. .............Later

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-08 6:38 pm   Permalink

Cool one Jones. No Jonse'n those tikis now , show us what you got.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation