FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Ooga-Mooga: Redesigned mug pages, plus links to related items
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Ooga-Mooga: Redesigned mug pages, plus links to related items
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-12 11:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-10 16:03, Tangaroa wrote:
I seem to not be getting my Ooga Mooga sig to show up

It didn't work at first for me either. I deleted and re-inserted the link a few times, and then it started working. I do not understand the mysteries of computer intelligence.

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-12 11:48 am   Permalink

My ooga mooga image is the same as yesterday's, I guess random sometimes isn't!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-12 8:31 pm   Permalink

Hey there, just got back from playing some hooky. I'm sorry, I did a rotten job of making sure it was clear that you have to have uploaded some photos of your mugs for the Automagic thingy to work. Once you've uploaded a few pictures of your mugs, the image will start working the next day (after the Secret Midnight Image Selection Ceremony has taken place). Later tonight I'll update the Fun Stuff page to explain that better.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 11:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-12 11:48, Tikiwahine wrote:
My ooga mooga image is the same as yesterday's, I guess random sometimes isn't!

If it never showed the same mug twice, it wouldn't be random!

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-21 4:41 pm   Permalink

I'm finally done. It only took about a month, but I think I've added every mug in the whole house.

I had made a deal with myself not to buy any more mugs until I got the entire collection cataloged (even the really silly mugs.) But I won a couple of auctions on Friday, so today I went through every shelf in every room.

I'm going to have to get some more shelves now though.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-27 2:31 pm   Permalink

Tiki-Kate, your collection is astounding! Congrats on getting it all into Ooga-Mooga!

I've just finished another new Ooga-Mooga feature: Wish Lists! Lots of people were asking for this, now you've got it. Under Favorites, you how have "Wish List" in addition to "Mugs" and "Collections". Mugs and Collections are your way to bookmark your private favorites, and no one sees what you've bookmarked but you. Your Wish List is your way of letting people know what you're looking for, and are public for anyone to see. There are a few places to see what's on people's Wish Lists:

• When looking at a Collection: There is now a link to view that user's Wish List, it's right next to the link to view the comments on their collection
  • When looking at Mugs for Trade: For each mug that is up for trade, there is a link to view the Wish List of the person who is offering that mug
  • When looking at a Mug: If a mug is on someone's Wish List, it will appear just under the "X of this mug are in X collections" link, showing who is wanting this mug
  • When looking at Statistics: The All Collections statistics now show the Most Wished-For Mug (i.e., which mug appears on the most Wish Lists), and the My Collection statistics show the mug you own that is Most Wished-For (if any)

When a mug is wanted by multiple people, the list of people is sorted by who signed up for Ooga-Mooga first -- an incentive to sign up now!

Another incentive: the limited-time offer to lock in the Ooga-Mooga rates for two years expires on August 31. I don't have any immediate plans to raise rates, but signing up today guarantees these very low rates for years to come.

Coming soon, and largely inspired by the massive collections of tikicleen & Tiki-Kate: page breaks when viewing a Collection!

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-02 8:56 pm   Permalink

Some of you have probably wondered exactly how using Ooga-Mooga to sell a mug works. I've just listed a mug as part of the eBay for PJ fundraising effort, and naturally I'm promoting the auction through Ooga-Mooga.

Now, if you go to Mugs for Sale, you can see the mug I'm offering. On the right, you'll see some familiar eBay details -- all those details are coming direct from my eBay auction. Go ahead, compare against the eBay site, they're up to date! Ooga-Mooga is directly connected to eBay's servers. To advertise the auction, all I had to do was copy and paste the mug's eBay Item Number into Ooga-Mooga. If my mug had a Buy-It-Now on it, you'd be able to see that, too. All those same details now show up on that mug's page, too.

That mug also is now appearing on the main Ooga-Mooga webpage and the All Collections webpage, where it's sure to get the attention of lots of mug collectors. With a Trader account, you can advertise an unlimited number of mug auctions this way, at no extra charge.

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu 2005-09-02 20:57 ]

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-03 9:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-27 14:31, Humuhumu wrote:
Coming soon, and largely inspired by the massive collections of tikicleen & Tiki-Kate: page breaks when viewing a Collection!

Done!

Dialup users, rejoice! Now you can view the eye-poppingly massive collections on Ooga-Mooga without wanting to shoot yourself as the page loads.

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-04 01:39 am   Permalink

Being able to see which mugs a person has selected for their collection, and even how they've chosen to photograph them, gives it so much life. Each mug in that collection has a new layer to their story because they're owned by that person. Now the About This Collection adds a little bit more personality.

If you have a Standard or Trader account, you can tell people visiting your collection page about your collection, in a paragraph of text that appears right above it. Go to Account Settings and fill out "About This Collection" to see how it works.

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-04 11:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-03 21:32, Humuhumu wrote:

Done!

Dialup users, rejoice! Now you can view the eye-poppingly massive collections on Ooga-Mooga without wanting to shoot yourself as the page loads.

Great change. I'm rejoicing.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-07 8:03 pm   Permalink

I realized that there has not been a Basic Template for Glassware items, so I've added that:
Ooga-Mooga Basic Template for Glassware

(Please don't go shot glass crazy! Vintage stuff works, ceramic mini-mugs fit, but modern gift shop shots might not be a good fit.)

Ooga-Mooga collections include 1536 mugs, which I find jaw-dropping. To the 100+ Ooga-Mooga users -- thank you for supporting this site right out of the gate. It's been so enjoyable to get to see all of your collections, and they've inspired me to learn so much as I create the proper mug templates for them. Mahalo!

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 5:46 pm   Permalink

I've added a new feature to Ooga-Mooga: a Tiki Quest cross-reference!

If the mug you're looking at is in the book Tiki Quest, Ooga-Mooga will list the page you can find it on in the "Other Resources" section (found under the photo on the left side). The index is still being fleshed out, but it's well underway and much is represented -- I wanted to at least get what I have so far rolled out.

A huge, huge thank you to Duke and Amy Carter, who have been so enthusiastic and supportive of Ooga-Mooga. The Tiki Quest book is a gorgeous tribute to tiki, and a must-have even if you don't consider yourself a mug collector.

Click here to learn more about Tiki Quest, including how to purchase it.

pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 6:34 pm   Permalink

I get tired just reading all the stuff Humuhumu does. I don't know how she finds the energy.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-25 6:48 pm   Permalink

Ooga-Mooga now has 100 collections! 100 people have put part or all of their collections on display using Ooga-Mooga. Those 100 people have 1,844 mugs in their collections on Ooga-Mooga. I think that's swell. Mahalo to all who have given Ooga-Mooga a whirl!

tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-28 8:21 pm   Permalink

I am also blown away at how much Humu has done. Each of your sites look fantastic and are done with such a high quality of design, and usability. You and Hanford are doing such an awesome job for the Tiki culture. Thankyou so very much!

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation