FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Ooga-Mooga: Redesigned mug pages, plus links to related items
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Ooga-Mooga: Redesigned mug pages, plus links to related items
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 5:03 pm   Permalink

I love how when a door closes (my cutting out things that keep me alive [ironically in order to stay alive] weed, alcohol, coffee, delicious salted treats) a window of love opens. Uploaded til the timer ticked out. VERY nice job, genius.

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Ape
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 5:28 pm   Permalink

My compliments to you for a truly wonderful original idea.

I tried to join, not sure if I was successful, and is there a login/out?

View Profile of Fez Ape Send a personal message to Fez Ape      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 6:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-25 17:28, Fez Ape wrote:
My compliments to you for a truly wonderful original idea.

I tried to join, not sure if I was successful, and is there a login/out?

Hi Fez Ape -

Yep, you registerd & activated just fine. The login is on the right hand side, at the top of the green area.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 6:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-25 16:59, Tikiwahine wrote:
Humu, in the 'purchased from' drop down menu, we need a 'bought from a friend' and a 'traded with a friend' option, if possible!

Great suggestion! Just added "Traded/Bought from a Person" to that drop-down.

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maori_man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 6:22 pm   Permalink

Humu - what about adding a "looking for" or "wanted" section for each person account? That way if someone has a mug someone is looking for they can contact the person looking for it - and RAKE THEM ACROSS THE COALS, ummmmm ....... sorry, I mean work out a fair and honest trade or sale for it.

View Profile of Maori_man Send a personal message to Maori_man  Goto the website of Maori_man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 6:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-25 18:22, Maori_man wrote:
Humu - what about adding a "looking for" or "wanted" section for each person account? That way if someone has a mug someone is looking for they can contact the person looking for it - and RAKE THEM ACROSS THE COALS, ummmmm ....... sorry, I mean work out a fair and honest trade or sale for it.

I've been considering making a third type of "Favorites" list, a "looking for" list that others can see, for that reason. Wouldn't be too hard to do, creating new mug templates is my top priority right now, but once I've tackled a good chunk there, I'll add the "Looking For" list.

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 6:47 pm   Permalink

<<Content Mutiny>>

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky 2005-09-02 21:00 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 6:48 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much, Humu. This is a fantastic idea.

I'm having a great time playing with my mugs.

Kate

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 6:50 pm   Permalink

<<Content Mutiny>>

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky 2005-09-02 21:00 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 6:51 pm   Permalink

Arggh! My wife is gonna kill me! More money on mugs?!? oh well, there goes my lunch money.
Hey H2, how about below price purchased, adding approximate value? Looking at Swanky's Trader Vic's Starboard mug has me asking how rare is that? (I HAVE to have one)

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 7:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-25 18:47, Swanky wrote:
my suggestion: With so many mugs left to be added, allow us to insert a complete mug description and add a field for "Approved' or whatever and you look at each addition and set it to approved if it looks right. No need to make a mug from scretch that way, just edit someone's submission.

I'll consider it, but it's really not too much work to add a mug template as it is. I worked for a little bit this morning on a piece of code that lets me switch a mug in someone's collection from one template to another, so it's super easy for me to just look at what people are adding in using the Basic templates, create a new template, and move it over. But like I said, I'll consider it -- I might be changing my tune after entering another hundred templates!

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 7:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-25 18:50, Swanky wrote:
Also, make an index of places so I can search Trader Vic's and get all the mugs associated with them.

I'm working on this -- we'll have links back & forth between Ooga-Mooga, Critiki and Tiki Central that work exactly like the Critiki/Tiki Central links.

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 7:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-25 18:51, bananabobs wrote:
Arggh! My wife is gonna kill me! More money on mugs?!? oh well, there goes my lunch money.
Hey H2, how about below price purchased, adding approximate value? Looking at Swanky's Trader Vic's Starboard mug has me asking how rare is that? (I HAVE to have one)

A mug's approximate value is based on Price Sightings, which anyone can enter from what they're seeing out in the wild -- at a Thrift Shop, and Antique Mall, eBay, what have you. You can enter a Price Sighting at the bottom left below a mug's photo. An average price is calculated based on that and displayed at the top of the Price Sightings box.

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 7:07 pm   Permalink

*Phew!* Thanks for all your great enthusiasm, everyone, this has been a very busy, and very fun, day! It's so cool to look at how everyone's mug collections are growing, and to see the great photos being uploaded. I'm tickled pink to hear that you're all having fun with it, too.

bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 7:16 pm   Permalink

I have heard that the only dumb question is one not asked...
I would imagine that folks would be proud to let others use their photos...see where I am going with this?
I can think of some problems already but also some solutions.
...besides someone else is bound to ask. Thanks!

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation