FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Ooga-Mooga: Redesigned mug pages, plus links to related items
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Ooga-Mooga: Redesigned mug pages, plus links to related items
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 3:00 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2005-07-26 14:46, gwenners wrote:
Quote:

I've made some use of the basic template, yes, though as there isn't a decanter template, well, I had to scratch that one from the collection. Ditto with the squatting tiki shot glass, as well as a cheap "chiki tiki" shot.

Good point! I've just created a
Shot Basic Template, and a Decanter Basic Template.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 3:31 pm   Permalink

Hey Humu, I put in my TC user name but didn't get a PM...

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 3:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-26 15:31, Tiki Matt wrote:

Hmm... I don't have a record of your having registered... can you try registering again? Here's the link:

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/register.cgi

You should get the TC PM instantly, there shouldn't be any delay. If you don't have it right away, let me know, and I'll see if I can figure out if something's wrong.

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gwenners
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-26 4:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-26 15:00, Humuhumu wrote:
Good point! I've just created a Shot Basic Template, and a Decanter Basic Template.

Thanks much -- I have already made use of it. Thanks too for adding those others in my meagre collection so quickly. Much appreciated.

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

[ This Message was edited by: gwenners 2005-07-26 16:03 ]

View Profile of gwenners Send a personal message to gwenners  Goto the website of gwenners     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maori_man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 4:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-26 15:31, Tiki Matt wrote:

TM you probably did what I did yesterday. You clicked the log in in the upper right. You need to click on the register link in the lower bottom of the welcome page.

And Humu2 - Crap on a cracker!! I went to bed last night after putting up about 20 mugs into my collection and there was 17 or so pages of templates..... now there is over 25.... girl you bit off a HUGE chunk of Mug heaven (or hell) depending on how you look at it and we love you for it. Keep up the good work!

[ This Message was edited by: Maori_man 2005-07-26 16:09 ]

View Profile of Maori_man Send a personal message to Maori_man  Goto the website of Maori_man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 4:21 pm   Permalink

I've been trying so hard to set up an account but PayPal has been having troubles. I even called them to see what was up. The suspense is killing me!
I guess I could get started on the photography, but I have to wait until AFTER work for that

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 5:34 pm   Permalink

it almost seems like we should let you catch up on filling out names for all the mugs. I would put one up and a sec later then find a spot where it would go.

I think it would be a good thing to be able to post more than ten free ones. The appeal of the site is to see other members mugs and there would be more appeal if there were more mugs. Right? I know it would be more work for you now but wouldn't be so later and it's work for us too with posting pictures taken and some info on them.
I can see where a fee on the space and rights to trade are.

I really like seeing those mugs that I have never seen or usually don't see often. Stuckie is doing it up right now.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 5:37 pm   Permalink

On second thought maybe ten is good and everyone can take ten different ones. POst ones that aren't there yet, although it will be a pain for H2 cause it will be a quick pace.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 6:02 pm   Permalink

I wish I was in a position to make this a free service. I've made Critiki available as a free service for the past year +, and that will stay free. The server rental and bandwidth cost me money every month. I need to offset that money coming out of my pocket. All I ask is that people pay the cost of one Mai Tai a month for the service (one third the cost of a Mai Tai, if you live in SF, LA or NY), which probably won't offset my costs entirely, but it will help.

Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 7:04 pm   Permalink

It's such a cool site I'm thinking of ditching www.tiki-mug.com and just post the collection in H2's site. It'll be cheaper than the $25 hosting I currently pay.

Hey Humu, are we going to able to post other collectables i.e. carvings, hula wigglers, salt & peppers, etc?

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 10:57 am   Permalink

Hey Matt, I dig the green glow you've added to your mugshots!

I know that everybody doesn't have photoshop or similar programs, but I love the mug on black background look.
Extry-mystical-like.

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maori_man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 11:10 am   Permalink

Tiki Matt - Thanks for posting your mugs. It helped me identify one I had in my collection that didn't have a mark on it! I had no clue.

Man this web site is what the mug collecting community has needed for a long time! Plus now I can come out of the closet (so to speak) and show off my toys!

[ This Message was edited by: Maori_man 2005-07-27 11:10 ]

View Profile of Maori_man Send a personal message to Maori_man  Goto the website of Maori_man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 11:51 am   Permalink

I love the way that everyone's developing their own style for photographing their mug collection -- it's cool to be able to look at a picture and instantly recognize the collection it's part of. It adds to the story and personality of the mugs and their collectors.

Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 11:59 am   Permalink

I'm on the fence - I really like the look of the mugs on black, but it's so time consuming, and when you have 100+ you start to think about quick routes. I think I'll do them all on the mantle, then think about removing the background later. Magic wand is my bestest friend. And ruby mask. And magnetic lasso.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 12:07 pm   Permalink

I wasn't very careful with photographing mine, I just laid a black skirt I own on the ground and photographed them against that. For some of them I used my tripod, but for others I just rested my camera on one of my stereo speakers (stereo was off, of course!). No Photoshop trickery, except to crop 'em.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation