FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Ooga-Mooga: Redesigned mug pages, plus links to related items
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Ooga-Mooga: Redesigned mug pages, plus links to related items
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 12:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-27 11:51, Humuhumu wrote:
I love the way that everyone's developing their own style for photographing their mug collection -- it's cool to be able to look at a picture and instantly recognize the collection it's part of. It adds to the story and personality of the mugs and their collectors.

Never thought of it that way. Now, where do you get a $3.95 Mai Tai? I have had fun adding the mugs and it's a project I actually started earlier this summer. A worthy cause. Next steps are adding everything else out there!

Oh, and I'd like a "Vintage" or "New" in the description. I don't collect new mugs, so I have no interest in the Shag mugs, etc. If I could click a box and have the "New" mugs all dissappear from my searches, etc. that would be cool.

As a photography geek, I can tell you the best way to take a picture of anything is outside on a bright day in the shade. No direct sunlight, but not indoors. Then you don't need a flash and it will look good and natural.

If you want to drop the background, any solid color you photograph on will make it easy in Photoshop. Preferably an odd color that will not interfere with the mug, like green or blue.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 1:17 pm   Permalink

Okay, it's only half the cost of a Mai Tai.

I like that New/Vintage idea! It might be a bit tricky for designs that are still being produced, but about 90% of the time, it'll be pretty clear. I'll cogitate on it a bit. I'm trying to save code changes until I've created more mug templates, but it wouldn't take me long to make the change, I could probably get to it next week.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 1:27 pm   Permalink

She said "cogitate".....I digress.

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 1:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-27 11:10, Maori_man wrote:
Tiki Matt - Thanks for posting your mugs. It helped me identify one I had in my collection that didn't have a mark on it! I had no clue.
[ This Message was edited by: Maori_man 2005-07-27 11:10 ]

Which one?

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 1:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-27 10:57, TikiGardener wrote:
Hey Matt, I dig the green glow you've added to your mugshots!

I know that everybody doesn't have photoshop or similar programs, but I love the mug on black background look.
Extry-mystical-like.

Thanks, I think it looks cool too. I may redo my website with the green glow....So little time....

MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 2:28 pm   Permalink

Matt,

Hope you don't mind that I copied you with the green glow. I thought it was a cool look as well.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 2:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-27 14:28, MachTiki wrote:
Matt,

Hope you don't mind that I copied you with the green glow. I thought it was a cool look as well.

$20 per image, payable in cash at Z's party.

MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 2:48 pm   Permalink

I think the glow might just change to orange in that case

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 3:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-27 14:48, MachTiki wrote:
I think the glow might just change to orange in that case

I was thinking about rotating green & red like the website but too lazy. I'd stick with green, Mach, unity!

Maori_man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 3:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-27 13:28, Tiki Matt wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-07-27 11:10, Maori_man wrote:
Tiki Matt - Thanks for posting your mugs. It helped me identify one I had in my collection that didn't have a mark on it! I had no clue.
[ This Message was edited by: Maori_man 2005-07-27 11:10 ]

Which one?

The Fred Roberts Tiki Mug. I bought it several years ago in a thrift store and it is probably one of the first Mugs I bought when I started collecting. Thanks!

View Profile of Maori_man Send a personal message to Maori_man  Goto the website of Maori_man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 3:55 pm   Permalink

I'm stickin with basic black.
I like Humus backdrop method. I think the mugs just look good with out any distractions in the background. Just my personal taste, or lack thereof.

And I was copying Humus basic black idea.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiGardener 2005-07-27 15:57 ]

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gwenners
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-27 4:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-27 15:55, TikiGardener wrote:
I'm stickin with basic black.
I like Humus backdrop method. I think the mugs just look good with out any distractions in the background. Just my personal taste, or lack thereof.

I agree, and stuck with the basic black background on my own pix. A piece of black fabric served as backdrop, then I did a bit of fiddling in Photoshop to take out any remnants of it that one could find.

I preferred it, given that the mugs are the star. It also helps play up the colours of the mugs a bit better, IMO.

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

View Profile of gwenners Send a personal message to gwenners  Goto the website of gwenners     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Velvet Ruby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 6:56 pm   Permalink

may I just add my thanks for this awesome idea / website.. I was up FAR past my bedtime in a mug photo snapping frenzy last night.. much mahalo Humuhumu!

beatgirlart.com

View Profile of Velvet Ruby Send a personal message to Velvet Ruby  Goto the website of Velvet Ruby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 8:00 pm   Permalink

My pleasure!

My template creating frenzy continues, but I'm going to be out for a few hours, so I won't be able to create any new mug templates or respond to issues/queries until very late tonight. But then I'll be back at it! Didn't want you all to think I'd stopped workin' on it.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 8:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-27 20:00, Humuhumu wrote:
but I'm going to be out for a few hours,

sure rub it in...a few chi chis maybe; a huevo de toro;) nice, very nice.

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation