FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Ooga-Mooga: Redesigned mug pages, plus links to related items
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Ooga-Mooga: Redesigned mug pages, plus links to related items
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-28 07:31 am   Permalink

its too early for this cause other things need to be worked of first but We need a mug of the week. A spotlight on a mug and the picture will come from one of the members.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-28 6:05 pm   Permalink

Okay, I needed to shift brain gears from creating mug templates for a while today for my own sanity, so I took a moment to add the ability to make a comment on a mug in someone's collection!

Here's an example of a comment I left on one of tikicleen & thedrunkenhat's mugs:

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mug_id=155&ind_mug_id=313

Next step is to set up a page where you can view all the comments made on mugs in a collection in one place. Won't take me but a few minutes, but I've got a hot date at Trader Vic's Emeryville tonight!

Thanks again for all your support and enthusiasm, especially to those who have taken the plunge and gotten subscriptions. It means a lot to me that you've embraced this like you have!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-30 3:49 pm   Permalink

I've finished up the Comments section, so now you can see all the comments a collection has received in one place. When viewing a collection, right next to the number of mugs, you'll see the number of comments on that collection, click that link to view all the comments.

Last night at Tiki Taix I found out that there's been some confusion about how the subscriptions work -- the first six months are paid up front, and after that your subscription goes month-to-month. What had some folks confused is they thought they had to actually make an effort to pay a bill every month, and that's not how it works -- the subscription auto-renews and your credit card is charged without you having to do a thing. If you want to cancel (perish the thought!), you can do so at any time, and your account will become inactive when your current payment runs out (i.e., if you paid for a month on January 1, and cancel on January 15, your account is active through January 31.

I've created nearly 400 mug templates so far, with plenty more to go. I'm wrapping up today to head to Dr. Z's, but more template creation will commence tomorrow!

There's an unbelievable 786 mugs in Ooga-Mooga collections now. It's so neat getting to look at and learn about interesting mugs I've never seen before. Mahalo again for your excitement about Ooga-Mooga!

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-30 4:33 pm   Permalink

Not that this would happen, but when someone stops paying and that have 200 mugs listed, does it get dropped back to 10 and which 10?

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-30 4:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-30 16:33, teaKEY wrote:
Not that this would happen, but when someone stops paying and that have 200 mugs listed, does it get dropped back to 10 and which 10?

It doesn't get dropped back down to 10, as they've already done their Free Trial. Their collection "goes away" -- it's no longer visible to them or anyone else. However, the information is still in the database, so if they were to decide to re-start a subscription, they wouldn't have to re-enter all that information, it would just become visible again.

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-30 4:55 pm   Permalink

Upon further consideration -- I would want people to be able to still log in to Ooga-Mooga & leave comments, even if they'd decided after trying a subscription that it wasn't for them. As long as they'll be able to log in anyway, it's not much bother for me to just set it so that if a subscription has ended, the next time that person logs on, they are presented with two options -- 1) select 10 mugs in their collection to keep, or 2) keep the entire collection inactive. If they choose to resubscribe later, all the mugs can be reactivated.

tikichic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-30 6:30 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 06:56 ]

View Profile of tikichic Send a personal message to tikichic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-31 06:58 am   Permalink

Humuhumu, This is the coolest thing ever!!! I recently subscribed and it is soooo much fun. Thank you for such a tedious undertaking. You will get a BIG aloha hug next time I see you. Hopefully at the Hukilau!! I would really like to see something like this for menu collections. Any thoughts on this? Well, thanks again and keep up the good work. All The Best and Mahalo, Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 10:04 pm   Permalink

Thanks again for all the kind words! I would indeed LOVE to expand Ooga-Mooga out to other collectibles, and hopefully someday I'll be able to.

I've updated the home page of Ooga-Mooga, with a few new features:

Collection of the Day
Every day, a different collection is selected from the members with Standard and Trader Accounts. Through the whole day, random images from their collection are displayed on the front page. Today's Collection of the Day is
Jeff Central's.

Mugs for Sale & Mugs for Trade Spotlight
On both the Ooga-Mooga home page and the All Collections page, there is a spotlight on a randomly selected item from the Mugs for Sale and the Mugs for Trade. Those with Trader Accounts are able to put up mugs for trade and advertise their eBay auctions for no extra charge!

New This Week
On the home page, you can see the last five collections that have had new items added to them, or new pictures added to them, or have received new comments.

http://www.ooga-mooga.com

Alright -- that's enough coding for me today -- back to making mug templates!

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu 2005-08-02 22:05 ]

Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-04 11:41 pm   Permalink

Aloha Humuhumu,
Thanks for making my mugs the "Collection of the Day". I feel special. I have a question though. I have about another 15 mugs that do not have templates on Ooga Mooga. Is there anyway I can load these up on my site somehow? Thanks Again and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-06 12:27 am   Permalink

I've just finished up something that's very fancy -- a special image that automagically changes every day to showcase a new mug from your own, personal collection! Each Ooga-Mooga user has their own image. Here's what mine looks like today:

But at midnight, it'll automagically change, and it could look like this:

or maybe like this:

or maybe like this:

Who knows? Only the Automagic Ooga-Mooga Mug Collection Image knows, and he's not spilling his secrets until midnight.

But that's my image -- your own Automagic Ooga-Mooga Mug Collection Image will look different, because it'll use the pictures you've uploaded of your own mugs (it'll choose from public mugs only).

Check it out by visiting "Fun Stuff" on Ooga-Mooga. There's code there for you to cut & paste to use as your Tiki Central Signature (with instructions on how to do that), and there's also HTML code for you to cut & paste for use on other websites like MySpace or your own personal webpages.

Jeff--any mugs that Ooga-Mooga doesn't have mug templates for can be added using a Basic Mug Template (see "Add a Mug" on Ooga-Mooga for more details). If anyone has a mug that they're wanting to put up for trade or auction, just let me know and I'll make creating a mug template for it my top priority.

Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-06 7:13 pm   Permalink

Great!! Thanks alot. I just uploaded 18 new mugs from my collection. This is soooo cool!

Thanks and Mahalo,
Jeff

ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-10 12:36 pm   Permalink

I was feeling proud of myself for getting 42 mugs posted on ooga-mooga, then I saw that Tiki-Kate has 240 mugs posted! Wow! Great collection!

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-10 12:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-28 18:05, Humuhumu wrote:
Thanks again for all your support and enthusiasm, especially to those who have taken the plunge and gotten subscriptions. It means a lot to me that you've embraced this like you have!

you've done a great job so far...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-10 4:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-06 00:27, Humuhumu wrote:

But that's my image -- your own Automagic Ooga-Mooga Mug Collection Image will look different, because it'll use the pictures you've uploaded of your own mugs (it'll choose from public mugs only).

So - does this only work with pictures you've uploaded from your personal collection? I seem to not be getting my Ooga Mooga sig to show up (however, I've not paid for a subscription, nor uploaded any photos yet!)

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation