FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Oaktiki and Sabina's Coast to Coast International Tiki Trek!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Oaktiki and Sabina's Coast to Coast International Tiki Trek!
Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-10-04 7:55 pm   Permalink

LOTS of new pix up in the Seattle folder-

http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/CTCITT-Seattle

The gallery includes a bunch of new albums, mainly from our night with the the Jet City folks. It was one of the most amazing, and most Tikified evenings we had on the trip!

The crowd was fantastic! We met lots of TCers- but most of all, I again, want to thank both Dogbytes and Todd and Selector Lopaka & Puamana who opened their homes to us and were just the most amazing hosts!

(Yes, I continue to rave about the fantastic Seattle get together, it was truly very special!)

Anyway, on to the pix!

First of the new pix are from Selector Lopaka & Puamana's INCREDIBLE Backyard Bali Hai. This is an inspiration!

Here's a good one showing the massive structure they've built-

An album of pix from a whirlwind tour of their equally INCREDIBLE home collection-

Pix from our evening at Thai Ku where Selector Lopaka DJ's on Tuesday nights!

And finally, one last album that wasn't part of our evening with the Jet City Muckity Mucks, a quiet evening at the Islander-

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Deery Luau
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-05 11:54 am   Permalink

Welcome back to Mer-lin, hon!

Deery

View Profile of Deery Luau Send a personal message to Deery Luau  Email Deery Luau     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-10-16 2:55 pm   Permalink

Mahalo for the welcome back, Deery! We're still not altogether here, but we're working on it

Today's goal was to get pix up from the home bars we visited while in Vancouver. We had a very special time meeting some of the folks up there beyond the 'holy crap, it's a Tiki event in Vancouver!' event at the Waldorf.

Pepe le Tiki and Atomic Al (ooooo! His NEW name! oooooo! aaaaaaah!) invited us over for an evening of enjoying fireworks at their place, the fireworks were provided by the Celebration of Light (http://www.celebration-of-light.com/fireworks/), not our friends from Funhauser decor!

So we got to see their pad and their neighbors' "Atomic Tiki Safari" which I didn't really photograph much, but you can peek at.

Both are in the new "Vancouver home bars" folder-
http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/Vancouver-home-bars

Sipping cocktails in their exotic garden on a beautiful night while watching the fireworks was my idea of perfect. (Raising my glass to the guys and their wonderful Beautility long distance) MAHALO!

Atomic Al and Pepe le Tiki with their lovely old Beautility Bar-

The wonderous and magical Beautility-

Their exotic gardens-

Tikis guarding pots!

And just a quick glimpse of their neighbor's incredible pad, the Atomic Tiki Safari!

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-11-03 9:15 pm   Permalink

Slowly getting a few more pictures up, tonight's treats are from Calgary including a visit with TC's own Slacks Ferret!

The New Calgary Gallery is here-
http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/CTCITT-Calgary

We had a really special evening at Tropika (Yummy food and REAL Trader Vic's barware!) followed by a trip to Slacks' home to see his AMAZING artwork! One of the high points of the CtCITT!

Again, MAHALO for such a warm welcome

Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-24 01:51 am   Permalink

Dredging back up this OLD topic (yes, we began our "crawl" more than a full YEAR ago now!) to share a few more pictures from last year's "Coast to Coast International Tiki Trek". (Believe it or not, I STILL have even a few *more* pictures after these to add to this and the "California Coastal Crawl" topics from last year, so stay tuned.)

I figured rather than start up a new topic, I'd breathe some life back into these and share the new bits in full context. TCers who were around last year can enjoy some new treasures and TCers who weren't around will get to see the old threads.

To get everyone on the same page, suffice it to say OakTiki and I loaded up the truck and struck out on the highways and byways, initially to go out to Palm Springs for Tiki Oasis in 2005. We planned on taking some time afterwords to do some exploring. That grew into a trip up along the entire coast of CA, through OR, and WA, up to Vancouver (CAN) for another event at the Waldorf. Then we came back across the Canadian Rockies and plains until we re-entered the US via Minnesota and finally breezed through the midwest, coming back home to MD last September. Tiki roadtrip of a lifetime- "Tiki Roadtrip" in one hand, the map in the other. All along the way we sought out as many Tikiphiles and Tiki locations as we could fit in. The chronicle of some of those parties, restaurant get togethers, and romantic evenings, just the two of us, in Tiki venues can be found along with my other Tiki pix and home bar pix on my website-
http://www.sevenpleasures.org

So, on to tonight's offerings-

Along our CA (mostly) Coastal Crawl, we actually ducked out of CA ever so briefly for a quick trip over to Reno, NV. We were hunting the elusive Trader Dick's. Why elusive? Well, mainly that we really don't have any other reason to visit Reno at the moment. (We actually had been through it years earlier, as we came across northern NV.) So we blew in and out of town quickly, with just enough time in between to explore Trader Dick's near the end of their evening.

My new "Trader Dick's" album can be found here- http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/Trader-Dicks

But I'll share a couple of quick peeks-

Tonight's other treat from the Trek, an accidental find- The Polynesian Cocktail Lounge and Wok House, Winnipeg, CAN! Who knew? It's not terribly Tiki, but when in Winnipeg, you take whatever Tiki you can find! The full album of pix for it can be found here- http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/Polynesian-Cocktail-Wok-House

OakTiki and I continue to talk about the Tikiphiles we met along the road, we miss you all, and wish we could see you all again SOON!

Along the way we learned a very important lesson, "Tikiphile" is just another way of saying "Ohana somewhere out there, you perhaps hadn't met yet!" (But once you do, you KNOW!)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation