FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki The Raise a Tiki At Tiki Gardens Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
The Raise a Tiki At Tiki Gardens Thread
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-01-23 3:42 pm   Permalink

I missed it before the list was edited. I just wanted to see if my name was on there to make sure that Otto got my cash. Though I do have the PayPal confirmation, so I guess I'm just being paranoid.

Otto: Great pic in the Examiner yesterday. I like how you displayed your ultra-rare Harvey's Sneaky Tiki.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2003-01-28 10:54 pm   Permalink

Martin, your name is on the list, thanks.
And thanks for noticing the cream of the Tiki collection displayed in the Examiner!

Part two of the list will be posted this week but in all honesty the pledges are not coming in very fast

I don't know if folks are not reading this thread anymore?

TikiGardner had gathered $2000+ in pledges and less than $400 of that has come in

Where is everyone? It is time to send in the cash. cy is taking this to the board in a couple weeks and wants the funds in place, cash in hand, with a bank account statement to prove it. Are we
gonna support him in getting the local government to erect a Tiki or not?

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-29 01:00 am   Permalink

Saw the article, but didn't see the picture- what is the rare Harvey's piece?

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-01-29 11:36 am   Permalink

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the Sneaky Tiki mugs started fetching high bids on Ebay since that piece came out? I might have to dispose of some of mine.

Pledgers who have not yet sent in your money: put your money where your keyboard is! I confess I didn't pledge last year because of my sorry financial state but now that I have a bit more cash I sent in my donation.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chacha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-01-29 11:42 am   Permalink

Sorry for the dumb question, but I recently joined: How can I make a pledge/donation? Only through Pay Pal or are there other options.

View Profile of Chacha Send a personal message to Chacha      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-29 12:04 pm   Permalink

Click on the Tiki Gardens Memorial banner Hanford posted at the top of the forum page, it has all the info. You'll find you can mail a check, if that is easier. Mahalo for asking.

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-30 02:38 am   Permalink

maybe its the glass one? (sneaky Tiki)

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-01 02:56 am   Permalink

As its been a hectic couple of weeks for me, and appears to ( hopefully ) continue that way, I'll do just a quick post.

First off, I got this email in my in box the other day. I think everyone who pledged should read it.

Names witheld, lest people get distracted over trivialities.

"Just wanted to let you know I mailed my $20.00 today. Maybe I can do
more later.
I used to be tikicentral member, but never really felt welcome, so I
never rejoined. I still check in every now and then. Glad I saw this.
Anyway, good luck!"

So, lets see if the total can rise a little.

I understand that its right after Christmas ( boy do I understand ), and intend on honoring my pledge. Even if its in stages. While my work is hectic, it could dry up from repercussions from things like, oh, a war, I intend to walk the tightrope of my pledge, bills, debts, and basic essentials like food and health.

C'mon vocal people, the lurkers my outshine you! And C'mon lurkers!

TG
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com
You know, the place that started this?

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-01 11:26 am   Permalink

TikiGardener;
First of all I want to say I just made a pledge. Check is in the mail.
Second, sorry the fellow didn't feel welcome. Sometimes folks think that if they get no response, that no one is listening. Many of us ARE listening. All of us have private lives which then take priority over this message board, (as you mentioned TikiGardener). For whatever reason folks like posting here, it IS a form of communication. I post here because I have found others who have the same interests. As the saying goes, "Birds of a feather, flock together." So, if you're into tiki and you don't take yourself and tiki too seriously and you want to have some fun, then join in. I can't find the quote from Sven's BOT but the word that comes to mind is "playful". If we keep it in that context and it helps relieve stress from our fast paced lives, and we live in moderation, (another key word), then it will stay fun. Some folks might post here because they are lonely (I'm going off topic here but bear with me), loneliness IS absolutely the worst disease that can happen to anyone. It causes all kinds of problems. If anyone out there is experiencing this, try a big prayer to the real King, Jesus Christ. I know it works for me. And I know I just went out on a limb like Sabu the Coconut Boy and I'll probably take some heat but let it be what it is. My prayers to all and especially to the astronauts and their families. JTV

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-01 12:49 pm   Permalink

Well at least one person thinks that I've authorised everyone to pay their pledges in stages.

I can't remember saying that.

I merely showed that people who were no longer regulars here even saw the merit in this project.

Instead a vitriol laced email greets me in my inbox.

Oh well, I guess some people have trouble reading.
TG

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-01 2:49 pm   Permalink

Hey TG, I hope you didn't think my reply was "vitriol laced". (I had to check my Webster dictionary on that word) Sometimes I ramble on and get off topic, and I understand the memorial as being a worthwhile project. I just felt a need to address the guy who didn't feel welcome. The "regulars" were "newbies" once and it's real easy for all of us to stay in our comfort zone and not welcome new folks. On the flip side I just wanted to say to any "newbies" that just because we don't respond doesn't mean you are not welcome. This is a message board for folks with common interests, unfortunately we can't hear each other chuckle or sigh or cry. No offense to anyone is intended. Thank you to whoever put a link to my website on the Tiki Memorial page. I didn't ask but someone was kind enough to do that without asking for anything in return. Giving without asking anything in return, JTV

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-01 2:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-02-01 14:49, jungletrader wrote:
Hey TG, I hope you didn't think my reply was "vitriol laced". (I had to check my Webster dictionary on that word) Sometimes I ramble on and get off topic, and I understand the memorial as being a worthwhile project. I just felt a need to address the guy who didn't feel welcome. The "regulars" were "newbies" once and it's real easy for all of us to stay in our comfort zone and not welcome new folks. On the flip side I just wanted to say to any "newbies" that just because we don't respond doesn't mean you are not welcome. This is a message board for folks with common interests, unfortunately we can't hear each other chuckle or sigh or cry. No offense to anyone is intended. Thank you to whoever put a link to my website on the Tiki Memorial page. I didn't ask but someone was kind enough to do that without asking for anything in return. Giving without asking anything in return, JTV

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! Your reply was a reasoned and heartfelt post.

And marks a notable thing about this tiki-quest. Atheist and Christian striving towards a common goal. Pretty incredible, eh?

Again your post was just fine!!!

Keep em coming.
TG

TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-01 2:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-02-01 14:49, jungletrader wrote:

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! Your reply was a reasoned and heartfelt post.

And marks a notable thing about this tiki-quest. Atheist and Christian striving towards a common goal. Pretty incredible, eh?

Again your post was just fine!!!

Keep em coming.
TG

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-01 3:04 pm   Permalink

Thank you, and yes, it is incredible.
Now for O.T. My Bongo Rock CD I bought from Shwartz Grafiken or whoever it is, the last song on the CD is &$#@*up. Does anyone know who I can contact to get another one? Should I send this one back or what? Has anyone else had the same problem with the CD? JTV

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

lostinbrooklyn

Posted: 2003-02-10 07:37 am   Permalink

Otto, Scott & Chris,

Congrats on getting this together so fast . Sorry we're tardy withthe $$, but wasn't sure what was up. And, I forgot to check the Tiki News string for a while. Just got Otto's e-mail announcement this morning...Anyways, here's our 20 bucks (Just sent it via paypal). For what its worth, both Mic and I feel the concrete Lono idea is best.

Let us know if we can be of help in anyway. We'll be staying right up the beach in late March if anything's going on or is planned.

Keep us posted.

Aaron & Mic
The Brooklyn Tiki Duo

...still lost in brooklyn...

View Profile of lostinbrooklyn Send a personal message to lostinbrooklyn  Email lostinbrooklyn Goto the website of lostinbrooklyn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation