FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Big Woo Bar - progress report (New pics 12-22-05)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Big Woo Bar - progress report (New pics 12-22-05)
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-10 11:27 am   Permalink

Updated pictures from the construction this week....

The face frame will be added Friday. Doors to follow. The space below the untiled area is for the kegerator.

The mixing area will have a counter top placed in Friday as well. To the right is the area for the fridge.

Tiles will be placed this weekend....

Thatch, bamboo, lighting and all other decor will be put up during next week with a projected completion date of next Friday! Woohoo! Then one week until Grand Opening!

Hope you enjoy the updates! One day it's just a stack of wood, the next it's a BAR! Who knew!

More to follow soon!

Mahalo!

Tonight, we will have a big feast. And then, at the end of the feast, we will climb to the top of the Big Woo, and you will jump in. Okay?

View Profile of TikiTikiBoom Send a personal message to TikiTikiBoom  Email TikiTikiBoom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
908tiki

Posted: 2005-08-11 12:58 pm   Permalink

holy crap...I love your bar! The roof lines and the painted wall...absolutley perfect! Looks like you have some real carpentry skills...the house looks vintage, how much trouble was it to connect your nice new plumb and true bar, up to the old out of plumb house? Drop many f-bombs during framing?

Keep sending the pix...their really great!
See ya..908tiki.

[ This Message was edited by: 908tiki 2005-08-11 12:59 ]

View Profile of 908tiki Send a personal message to 908tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jamie71
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-11 3:18 pm   Permalink

That is one Fine looking bar, I can just see myself sitting there ordering a drink or 2. Keep up the great work and Like 908Tiki said keep the pix coming. I love seeing bars in progress, they are awesome and inspiring to us tikis. Later

View Profile of Jamie71 Send a personal message to Jamie71  Email Jamie71     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-16 08:51 am   Permalink

Looking good! Do you have a need for a sink? I may have a stainless steel one up for grabs. Really looking forward to the grand opening.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2005-08-19 08:45 am   Permalink

Aloha!
Great looking bar! Love the sea wall.......please post a pic of that when it is done. You are a taping machine.......I think I would have gone the lazy route and made a stencil.......looks good.....

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-22 11:29 pm   Permalink

908tiki - Oh thank you for the positive feedback! But I cannot take the credit for the hard carpentry skills. I have a fantastic contractor that swings the hammer! I designed the bar but he and another gentleman did the heavy duty stuff. The house was built in the early '50's. The bamboo painting I did all myself and while I don't think they cursed too much, I know they scratched their heads a couple times thinking.. "Now HOW are we gonna get it to work the way she wants it??" Haha!

Jamie71 - I know JUST how you feel. In a few more days I'll be able to do JUST what you pictured... RELAX and have a cocktail or 2.. ahhhhhhhhhh .. SO close I can almost taste it!

Matt - SO so sorry it's taken me this long to get back with you on the sink. Unfortunately, I don't have the plumbing to warrant one but oh how the offer is much appreciated! I'm looking forward to the grand opening, too! It's going to be a lovely afternoon and evening, I believe.

bongofury - Thank you! The sea wall is pretty much finished as is. With the exception of a large tiki added in the corner. The colors are very subtle and the credit goes to my Mom nd my son. They did a really terrific job on it and had fun in the process which is what this whole experience really is all about! I am DONE with taping now, too! I would have used a stencil but I wanted a truly erratic feel to the bamboo. No two poles are the same! It's going to feel really good to be able to sit back and enjoy the hard work this weekend

Tonight, we will have a big feast. And then, at the end of the feast, we will climb to the top of the Big Woo, and you will jump in. Okay?

View Profile of TikiTikiBoom Send a personal message to TikiTikiBoom  Email TikiTikiBoom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-22 11:41 pm   Permalink

Whew.. !! As you can see, it's been awhile since I posted anything. I've been a BIT busy lately. Some of the pics are a tad dark (it got too late after some fine tuning yesterday) More daytime pics will following tomorrow in the AM!!

There is still more decor to go up as we move closer to the opening....

I hope you all are enjoying the process and the step by step progress as we move forward everyday! Final pics will be added three days before the grand opening. Have a couple special things to do in the tree yet!

Thanks again for all the feedback and support!

TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-23 1:30 pm   Permalink

A couple of daytime shots.

Here is the tree that nearly canopies the whole yard. It will be lit up tomorrow and I'll post then as well.

More to follow!

Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-24 5:44 pm   Permalink

Looking good. You've done so much in such a short amount of time. I think it's awesome.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-29 12:18 am   Permalink

A couple more evening pictures ....

TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-29 01:45 am   Permalink

Two HUGE prized possesions....I must give thanks and credit where it is due!!

Matt Reese made this beautiful sign for The Big Woo and brought it to the grand opening. It captures exactly what I envisioned while dreaming of a sign one day!!

It was such a wonderful surprise and it looks just perfect above the bar!

Many, many thanks to Matt for his talent and thoughtfulness!

....And in case you didn't notice this before....

That lovely lamp on the left is a handcrafted OnaTiki bar warming gift. The first light to be put up in the bar and very special!

Again, huge thanks thanks to Ona, his hard work and his time! Can't thank him enough, honestly!

It never ceases to amaze me of the quality of people here at TC. Their kindness and generosity knows no bounds. I feel very lucky to be part of it all.

Mahalo!

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-29 05:14 am   Permalink

Awesome Tiki Bar there, TikiTikiBoom, you have done a LOT of work in a short amount of time.. Work to be Super Proud of. Thanks so much for sharing,
HappyHappyHappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-22 12:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-29 05:14, Benzart wrote:
Awesome Tiki Bar there, TikiTikiBoom, you have done a LOT of work in a short amount of time.. Work to be Super Proud of. Thanks so much for sharing,
HappyHappyHappy

There is new work to be proud of in the Woo, Ben. YOUR work!

This Maori is absolutely stunning. The detail in Ben's work is truly amazing and the pictures in his Marketplace thread and the ones here simply do NOT do his artistry justice.

He fits into the Woo as though that spot was waiting for him all along!

Thank you, Ben. For your time and talent and all the care that went into making this. I am very honored to have your work here with us!

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-22 1:30 pm   Permalink

WOW, Thank you too TikiTikiBoom. I Must say that you are correct in that he looks like he was made for that spot on the wall. He Owns it and I'm sure he is Very Prowd to be hanging around the BigWoo. Thanks So much for your kind words and for supporting my meager attempts at Tiki Art.
THE BIG WOO ROCKS.
HappyHappyHappy.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-22 2:25 pm   Permalink

Wow, big Ben #4 within stealing,.. Umm I mean walking distance,that rocks..Ben if all your creations are moving west,I think you should do the same.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation