FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki New?....Twin Falls, Idaho Tiki Bar Pics

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
New?....Twin Falls, Idaho Tiki Bar Pics
Larry Lava
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-31 4:30 pm   Permalink

Hello,
Just returned from a road trip to Yellowstone and while driving through Twin Falls Idaho we ran across The Cove Lounge. Did a number of searches on TC and elsewhere and couldn't find a mention of its Tiki qualities. Apologies in advance if this has been discussed or found. Pics are included below, sorry I couldn't get more, quality or quantity. I was really tired and the locals very drunk. While they were friendly, they seemed a little wary of pictures. The bar is also a restaurant but really feels like a bar. I will try to post a profile in locating tiki soon with details. Long and short is that is an old location turned into a budweiser hangout. Still, much of its original polynesian and nautical qualities exist. Original A-frame front, leaning large tiki in the front, tiki masks, woven wall coverings, bamboo, mounted fish, netting, glass ball floats and an older painting on the front wall of a tropical nautical scene! Even small light-up blowfish over every table. I just had a beer, wasn't going to risk the tropical drinks but that doesn't mean they were bad. Didn't try them. I was sorry I didn't have more time to spend or that the atmosphere wasn't right for more tiki archeology. Still a cool unexpected find and the drinks were cheap! Well worth a stop if you are in the area.

next morning view of front

night view of front

front tiki, probably about 5 feet or so. Love the coffee can tiki torch!

side A-frame and entrance

tiki mask and puffer over our table

more tables and pufferfish.

Hope this is of interest!

View Profile of Larry Lava Send a personal message to Larry Lava      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation