FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Trader Vic's Passion Fruit Syrup Discontinued?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Trader Vic's Passion Fruit Syrup Discontinued?
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-16 12:13 pm   Permalink

It's hard to get but you can find it. The stuff I use is from Ceres. I promise you will like your drinks better if you use pure, home-made passion fruit syrup. mmmmmmmmmmm Trader Vic's Grog.....

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-16 12:47 pm   Permalink

Looza, check.

Thanks guys.

Ahu

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TVGFP

Posted: 2006-11-17 08:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

If you want to find Trader Vic's Passion Fruit Syrup you can order it at 800.7MAITAI. You can also get all the other Trader Vic's Food and Beverage Products there too!!! Enjoy!

View Profile of TVGFP Send a personal message to TVGFP      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GentleHangman
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-18 2:10 pm   Permalink

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but if you go to TV's Website, their store is "Closed" . . . no products at all!

GENT

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-31 7:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-18 14:10, GentleHangman wrote:
I don't know if anyone has noticed, but if you go to TV's Website, their store is "Closed" . . . no products at all!

Yes, I just noticed that myself. Also, today I went to the local liquor store to see if they could order some (Passion Fruit Syrup) and the only thing they listed were the TV's rums.

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-05-26 1:11 pm   Permalink

Vendome in Beverly Hills still has some of the old Trader Vic's Passion Fruit syrup. I don't know how old it is, though, as most of the bottles the syrup inside has actually solidified. I managed to find two bottles that were still liquid, but they're expensive at something like $6.50 a bottle. This is still the syrup that contains real passion fruit and comes in the glass bottles. What I am seeing everywhere else lately is completely artifical stuff in plastic bottles. The BH Vendome is off of Olympic near Pine, not far from the old Trader Vic's.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-05-26 2:31 pm   Permalink

I got my bottle at the Beverly Hills Vendome and it has dust on it which I think is Cool.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-26 4:59 pm   Permalink

There is a passionfruit concentrate by a Brazilian company called Dafruta that we get here. It's excellent, unsweetened, so you can sweeten it to taste, and works great! All their juices are of superior quality. I especially like the pineapple as well.

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-27 12:33 pm   Permalink

I just bought some (supposedly) pure passion fruit syrup from Chinatown. It's made in China. it comes in an unmarked bottle, and it's thick as fuck. The label stuck on the wrapping says to dilute it, 7 parts water to 1 part syrup if you want to drink it. Ingredients say: pure passion juice (ha!), sugar. The Mayor and I will test it out and let you know what we think. It cost $2.50 I think.

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-05-27 9:28 pm   Permalink

Hate to tell you all this, but every remaining bottle of the old Vics Passion Fruit Syrup in both Northern and Southern California is at Forbidden Island. I cleaned out the the distributor.

Head on in for a drink...while it lasts.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DemeraraDrinker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-29 1:01 pm   Permalink

Monin makes an excellent passionfruit syrup. I use it in Donn's Zombies--holy cow Batman! Even through all the other juices and rums, the passionfruit stands out nicely. Get the gold color one.

View Profile of DemeraraDrinker Send a personal message to DemeraraDrinker  Goto the website of DemeraraDrinker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Registered Astronaut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-31 2:29 pm   Permalink

God, I can't find the thread, but I read about this Passion Fruit syrup from China on T.C. which came highly recommended. I went out and find it at the first place I tried, the Far East Supermarket at 758 New High St. in Chinatown, Los Angeles. I can't even tell you what the label says because its just a plastic shrink wrap that comes off when you take the cap off. Its called "SAP" Passion Fruit drink. The poor chinese to english translation says something about its 'made from pure passion fruit and cane syrup for highest standard of pleasure' ...or something like that. It DESTROYS Trader Vics passion fruit syrup, and I make a lot of drinks, so you can trust me on that. Infact, at four bucks a bottle retail, I am suspecting it is used by some of our respected establishments that don't have the T.V. trademark. It is so good you almost want to cut it, because it can really overpower. I made a spindrift and a Trader Vic's Grog with it and they both took on a whole new dynamic.

View Profile of Registered Astronaut Send a personal message to Registered Astronaut      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-31 2:36 pm   Permalink

I think you may be looking for this thread.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paradisiac

Posted: 2007-05-31 3:18 pm   Permalink

We use perfect puree at our restaurants in Boise. The passion fruit is pure passion fruit concentrate. I have tried quite a few brands and the only thing I like better is fresh passion fruit.

http://www.perfectpuree.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=1&id=11&Itemid=9&filter=601

If someone knows a better product I would love to hear about it.

View Profile of paradisiac Send a personal message to paradisiac  Email paradisiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-07 08:10 am   Permalink

I just received in the mail two 10 oz. bottles of Hawaiian lilikoi (lilikoi = Hawaiian passion fruit) syrup from the Big Island's Love Family Farms. Looks pretty good. Even still get seeds inside. We'll report from the field later. Also, my mom is sending me a bottle of lilikoi syrup from Aunty Lilikoi's place on Kaua'i. (Funny thing, aunty lilikoi is actually my calabash aunty). Then I read an interview of Kern Mattei on cocktail.com, and it says the Mai Kai uses Kui-Kui brand lilikoi syrup from Hawaii when they can't make it themselves. I guess I'll ask mom to buy that one too and send it to our mailing room at Okonkuluku University.

I feel like I am becoming a collector (and connoisseur) of lilikoi syrups! How weird!

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation