Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Complete Witco Living Room Set
Complete Witco Living Room Set
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-01 4:05 pm   Permalink

Well, I think it's complete. Some of what is pictured may not be Witco, I don't know. It's all at Retro Inferno in Kansas City. He doesn't have this set pictured in his online inventory, so here it is. I have no affiliation with these folks; just thought it was cool and you'd like to see it. He's had this stuff for a while now.

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-01 4:11 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting the pictures. What a collection! Are they selling it as a set or individual pieces?

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-01 4:15 pm   Permalink

It's as a set, but I'm not sure what's included in the set. I also don't remember what he's asking for it. Sorry . . kinda blew the important details there.

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 1:09 pm   Permalink

There's probably a few grand worth of burnt wood in those pictures. He should sell the pieces individually. He'll probably make more money than if he tries to sell it as a set.
KG

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff 2005-08-02 13:09 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
polynesian posh boy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-04 11:55 am   Permalink

I dream to find a corner full of Witco like that. Amazing stuff. I especially like the coffee table with stool. I wonder what the original fabric was on the furniture?

View Profile of polynesian posh boy Send a personal message to polynesian posh boy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-06 08:59 am   Permalink

Surely that's not the original fabric on the furniture. I wander how many naugas were killed to have enough hide to reupholster it in black like that. It's reminiscent of the Spanish Conquistador themed furniture popular around the same time. Thanks for posting this SilverLine.

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki  Email kctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-19 5:19 pm   Permalink

Thanx silverline....because of you a few of these pieces will be blessing the Ballsavage lounge. (open to any tcers if your get up to the great white)

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hazmania
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-30 12:52 pm   Permalink

I first spotted this set 2 1/2 years ago. It was still their recently. The owner wanted 8,000 and wouldn't break up the set (sofa, chair, two tables, two sconces.) And that was before he knew what it was! I told him what it was and that his price was high for its condition. He said he was going to put it in his basement if it didn't sell at that price. His mid-century furniture prices were above market too. I just don't think he is very motivated. I went in 3 times in 3 different years and have gotten the same story after offering very fair prices..

View Profile of hazmania Send a personal message to hazmania  Email hazmania     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 2:24 pm   Permalink

$7000 was the last price I heard, and that was last year. I about had a heart attack when I walked up the stairs and saw that stuff. I've been hoping he'd come down a bit or split the set up; I don't think all of it, especially the wall hangings, went together in the first place.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation