FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Product of the day?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Product of the day?
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-01 7:25 pm   Permalink

I thought it would be fun to have a place to comment on the "product of the day" good or bad,useful or useless..

[ This Message was edited by: kirby 2005-08-01 19:25 ]

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-01 7:30 pm   Permalink

What are they measuring In this "mini shot" any way, sugar? salt? what is that? Also if I wanna shot its not gonna be mini its gotta be big, where is the "giant shot?"...

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-01 9:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-01 19:30, kirby wrote:
What are they measuring In this "mini shot" any way,

I think the picture came from a fertility clinic.

But seriously folks...
This is a very useful measuring instrument because it goes down to 1/4 ounce measurement. The Trader Vic Mai Tai uses 1/4 ounce of orgeat & 1/4 ounce of rock candy syrup. Even the Beachbum himself says in "The Grog Log" that a measuring cup that goes down to 1/4 is often a hard find. I had to order one when I saw it.

and now back to the ironic humor...
I can't believe that I used the words/phrases:
fertility clinic, came, hard find, and goes down (twice) in the same post. Freud (or Bong) would have a field day with this.

[ This Message was edited by: Riptide 2005-08-01 21:56 ]

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-06 06:22 am   Permalink

tiki soup dish - LOL

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-06 09:49 am   Permalink

Flat soup??

Flounder??

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-06 10:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-06 09:49, RevBambooBen wrote:

Flat soup??

Flounder??

Yeah, I think Ben is right. It's not 'tiki SOUP dish', it's supposed to be 'tiki Soap FISH'!

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-06 10:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-01 19:30, kirby wrote:
What are they measuring In this "mini shot" any way, sugar? salt? what is that? Also if I wanna shot its not gonna be mini its gotta be big, where is the "giant shot?"...

It's probably my favorite shot glass. It just looks so...serious. I don't think I've used it to do any precision mixing, but it's a comforting thought to know it's there in case I have to.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-07 07:22 am   Permalink

Today's Product of the Day is "Hanford Forge Tiki 6 3/4" Individual Salad Fork!" From the people that brought you the "Hanford Forge Tiki 6 1/4" Teaspoon" & the "Hanford Forge Tiki 7 3/8" Place/Oval Soup Spoon," this little beauty might be dwarfed by the Tiki Salad Forks mounted on your wall, but it'll easily handle any salad you can throw at it.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 6:06 pm   Permalink

Today's Product of the day is Sweet Mele's Hawaiian Krunch.

That tiki sure looks familiar...

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 6:38 pm   Permalink

Ouch!

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 10:48 pm   Permalink

I didn't see this thead Kirby.
I like it and always wanted to comment on some of the products that were cool.
Thanks!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 11:05 pm   Permalink

ARRRRR! Aye Aye says I. The crew here on The Karnal Ku are not just bloodthirsty pirates, we're also conscientious consumers that are always keeping an eye out (the one good one) for quality products at a reasonable price.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 06:02 am   Permalink

...okay, i'm not just saying this because it's my name, but i think the music of the band "Tipsy" is awesome!!! I picked up both c.d.s a few years back and am happy to have seen them mentioned in the product of the day post. Very creative spins on the whole lounge/tropical theme. I highly recommend them....

that's my 2 cents!!

-Tipsy

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-01-29 1:21 pm   Permalink

Excellent product of the day today!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-30 06:56 am   Permalink

someone needs to photoshop hanfords face on todays....

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation