FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Looking for tiki mirror to hang over outdoor tiki bar
Looking for tiki mirror to hang over outdoor tiki bar
aikiman44
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 8:04 pm   Permalink

Anyone have an idea where I can purchase one of these?

View Profile of aikiman44 Send a personal message to aikiman44  Email aikiman44 Goto the website of aikiman44     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 03:56 am   Permalink

I know the craft stores here have mirrors with blank frames, ready to personalise. If you're half handy, on should tiki up quite nicely.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-08-03 09:47 am   Permalink

I was thinking along the same line. Adam & eve and other "adult" sites have those large, lightweight mirrors made for mounting on a ceiling - they are fairly inexpensive (no, I don't have one...)

Then you can get some long bamboo poles and glue those to the perimeter, or something like that. I saw some poles at Cost Plus; many gardening stores carry them too.

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 09:59 am   Permalink

You can get lightweight ceiling mirrors? Why did I not already know this?

An idea to tiki-fy a mirror would be to get some tiki(or honu, wave or hibiscus, etc.) shaped stickers and do an etched effect as a border. That would be an easy project!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
joefla70
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 11:10 am   Permalink

Monkeyman makes very nice tiki frames. http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=6783&forum=7&87

You could always buy a mirror without a frame and maybe Monkeyman will make a frame for you.

View Profile of joefla70 Send a personal message to joefla70  Email joefla70     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation