FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Creating Tiki: August theme - Hot Rod Tiki!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Creating Tiki: August theme - Hot Rod Tiki!
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 3:01 pm   Permalink

Last Month's:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=15396&forum=7&29

Hopefully now that we went through a month with a few participants, more people are ready to jump in... All are welcome to submit pieces that relate to the theme. (This is not a contest)

With that said...

Start your engines and meet me at the race track, Jack!

BURN, baby, BURN!!!

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
flacookz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-07 12:18 pm   Permalink

just a rough sketch to get this started

[ This Message was edited by: flacookz 2005-08-07 17:42 ]

View Profile of flacookz Send a personal message to flacookz  Email flacookz Goto the website of flacookz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-08 09:23 am   Permalink

Cool sketch- nice start!

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-08 5:49 pm   Permalink

Thats a great start to this months theme.

I am working on a carving but I am also just learning Photoshop. Here is my first attempt at using it. I took a photo of hotrod that I shot at a local show and a pic of one of my carvings . Added some flames and then played with the filters.

[ This Message was edited by: rodeotiki 2005-08-08 17:57 ]

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-09 3:12 pm   Permalink

Flacookz, that looks like the beginning of one hell of a roadtrip. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

Ro-deo, way to jump into Photoshop. My first Photoshop piece featured a saxamaphone. Your's is much cooler.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 12:13 am   Permalink

I know I painted this before the theme was picked but it kinda fits kinda....

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-08-11 01:27 am   Permalink

Hi fellow artists here is my donation to the tiki/hot rod happenin' - carved gear shift knob in Roth style. I have done some moulds off this little fella for custom and rodders -if it takes your fancy you can check out more pics on my forum site soon and drop me a line if you want any info.

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 06:04 am   Permalink

Cool stuff all round! Keep em comin!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-12 2:28 pm   Permalink

Aloha fellow tiki artists and tiki art lovers. Like Kirby I also have a hot rod tiki piece that I had done. Thought I would share. Great thread by the way, lets see some more hot rod tiki art!

Titled Grand Theft Tiki

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-12 4:34 pm   Permalink

Your an awsome artist doug, Im a big fan...thanx for posting...

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-12 6:23 pm   Permalink

Not sure of this qualifies for this topic, but I did create this car, and there is a tiki in it. Not exactly a Hot Rod, but maybe this would fit better in "Mild Custom" Tiki?

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-12 10:49 pm   Permalink

works for me...nice car...kirby

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-13 01:16 am   Permalink

More cool stuff. I need to get my shift together

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-14 7:15 pm   Permalink

I threw this together for this especially (I got my shift into drive). Just sat down with a pen for a bit and this is what happened.

Tiki-Tingler

Posted: 2005-08-17 5:12 pm   Permalink

Great work!! I especially like the Grand Theft Tiki and the monster shift knobs. Very nice job!
-Tiki-Tingler

View Profile of Tiki-Tingler Send a personal message to Tiki-Tingler  Email Tiki-Tingler Goto the website of Tiki-Tingler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation