Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Pics of home bar
Pics of home bar
Jamie71
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-03 5:03 pm   Permalink

Hey there everyone. Here are some pics of my bar so far. Still have alot of work to do though. How do I get pics in here, please.

View Profile of Jamie71 Send a personal message to Jamie71  Email Jamie71     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 5:06 pm   Permalink

Hi Jamie!
Can't wait to see the pictures

Adding Photos to your Posts

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jamie71
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-03 5:38 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Jamie71 Send a personal message to Jamie71  Email Jamie71     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 8:07 pm   Permalink

She looks a little plain so far...

Nice solid platform to put tiki stuff on. Can't wait to see more pics

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-04 05:37 am   Permalink

Nice beginings Jamie! You gotta start somewheres. I would suggest beefing up the basic structural integrity a bit though as some of us are heavier than your current frame will support if say....we were to fall on it somehow, or....somehow stagger near enough to want to grab it for support. Most of my friends are bouncer types and I had to consider the folks that would possibly become influenced by Rum or Beer and as such, ended up using 2 X 6 framework and 3/4" Plywood for the Bar istself. Just a suggestion.

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-04 08:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-03 17:38, Jamie71 wrote:

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jamie71
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-04 3:31 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I still have some work to do. But it is a start. I am going to put some bamboo reed fencing, bamboo sticks, and some clear laquer on top. I already put some water seal on it. Also put a tiki mask or twoin the front. Any suggestions would great, thanks.

Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-04 5:00 pm   Permalink

Jamie-
That looks cool. How high is the bar?
We thought of going with a half round bar (shaped like a giant D ). Then put the usual tiki mask in the center but with lights. Wes is talking about welding a metal foot rest then putting welds every 10" to make it look like bamboo.
Annie

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jamie71
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-04 5:07 pm   Permalink

Hey there, my bar is 43 inches high, 6 feet long and 30 inches in depth( so I can put a small fridge under). I am going to put a mask also in the front along with reed bamboo fencing and bamboo trimming around the bar.I still have to put another shelve in the middle for glasses and liquor. Talk to you later.

Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-04 5:46 pm   Permalink

Jamie-
That's a perfect size, it going to be great.
Speaking of tiki bars my friend sent me this ebay link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4397783486&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JimTandem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-05 11:29 am   Permalink

Hey Moondance!
We used to pass by New Hope all the time on our way to the races at the old Flemington Speedway in Jersey. Stopped in your town a few times, what a cool little town! It's been so long, back in the 70's it was kind of hippified! Is it still that way with lots of arts n crafts stuff?
Later
Jim

View Profile of JimTandem Send a personal message to JimTandem  Email JimTandem     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-05 3:19 pm   Permalink

Jim,
It's not as Hippiefied as the 70's but the younger kids in their 20's seem to be trying to bring back that look. I don't think they'll ever get that attitude back. That was a fun time. Oops! I guess I'm giving up my age now.
The shops are more commercialized and not as many craftsman there.
Annie

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation