FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hanford & Humuhumu in Seattle! Aug 19 - 24 (exactly!)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Hanford & Humuhumu in Seattle! Aug 19 - 24 (exactly!)
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-04 5:20 pm   Permalink

Aloha my dear Seattle 'ohana!

Life's twists and turns are bringing me back to Seattle again, and this time I get to bring along my very favorite person.

Our Saturday (Aug 20) looks to be pretty busy between a friend's marriage celebration and Sweetpea's birthday bash, and somewhere in there we'll have to squeeze in some family time, but other than that we're pretty flexible. We're thinking of flying up Friday and coming back on Wednesday so we can visit Fu Kun Wu on Tuesday.

I know you guys have been getting together a lot lately, hopefully you won't be too burned out on get-togethers to meet up with us!

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu 2005-08-06 09:10 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-04 6:51 pm   Permalink

Excellent! I can't guarantee my whereabouts this month due to crazy schedule, but keep us posted!

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2005-08-04 7:22 pm   Permalink

How wonderful!!

definitely count us IN for tuesday at Thaiku.

and we'd love to pour a Rongorongo Rickey for you at our house (we're available all day sunday , mon & tues evening)

counting the days!!

elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-04 7:50 pm   Permalink

I might make the Sweetpea Birthday Bash if I'm allowed in. Last year (I think it was last year) I was disappointed by the volume of cash in her donation jar for a no kill animal shelter (Sweetpea's only gift request) so I grabbed the jar and worked down the entire crowd. I blame booze and a love of cats. And Miss 'Pea is so dog gone sweet. (I really don't know her that well, so it's easy to say. But everything written about her on the Tractor's boy's room wall is all nice. I can't say the same for someone named "Lydia the tattooed lady".)

Anyway, if I'm there I'll tip a cheap beer in your direction, or maybe I'll tip in your direction depending on how many cheap beers I've been tipping in my direction.

And if Miss 'Pea's got a jar put money in it yah cheap bastards.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-04 8:33 pm   Permalink

I would love to attend any get-togethers when H3 (HumuHumu & Hanford) are in town.

Hey, anyone checked on the Luau recently?

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-05 12:17 am   Permalink

Wow, what a coinkeydink, I happen to be in Seattle on 23-25.

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-05 8:48 pm   Permalink

Unfortunately for TCers, but maybe not too unfortunate, on 8/23 I am most likely going to be hosting a listening party for Boozoo Bajou's new CD for most of the evening, instead of my usual DJ night. Knowing that a Tiki gang may gather, I may switch over to my usually scheduled program by 10 PM. Boozoo Bajou is sort of a down tempo-ish electronica duo from Germany who I adore, and have been waiting for a new CD from for 4 years. When I heard they had something new coming out, I contacted the label, and some sort of a listening party is now in the works. I haven't heard their new one yet, but their first record is quite mellow and ambient for the most part, so most likely the new one will be similar, and will provide an appropriate soundtrack for those who would come out to Fu Kun Wu that night. Here's a link to Boozoo Bajou's website plus a link to a nice interview with a few cuts from the new record in case anyone is interested:

http://www.boozoobajou.com/

Boozoo Bajou interviewed recently on LA's KCRW

[ This Message was edited by: Selector Lopaka 2005-08-05 21:07 ]

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2005-08-05 9:06 pm   Permalink

its ok if we crash that party?

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-05 9:09 pm   Permalink

Please oh please come on down. I doubt that many people will show up for it. How many people have heard of Boozoo Bajou? Not too many. I just wanted to do this cuz I love them and the owner of the bar kindly gives me the freedom to do what I want to do so long as drinks are flowing.

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-05 10:13 pm   Permalink

Believe it or not, I've heard of Boozoo Bajou. I hear their remixes on KCRW, a NPR station in LA.

...oh wait, you just mentioned that they play them on KCRW.

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2005-08-05 10:23 pm   Permalink

we love the food there..

and your advice on music has been spot on (cept we thought Girl Trouble, was gonna be a girl band..)

and you found out that Luau has reopened.. thats something else to put on the Humuhumu/Hanford "to do list"

paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-05 11:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-05 22:23, dogbytes wrote:
we love the food there..

What kind of food do they have there? I'm actually visiting my cousin in Vancouver, and we're actually doing a road trip to Seattle. He's driving, so I need to sell this to him. hehe

dogbytes

Posted: 2005-08-06 08:43 am   Permalink

thai

Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-06 09:03 am   Permalink

Here's a couple of reviews with food descriptions

Look Humu, I Iearned how to do hyperlinks!

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-06 09:17 am   Permalink

Ok, we've pinned down our flight schedule, we come in midday on Friday the 19th and leave midday on Wednesday the 24th.

What a fantastic coincidence, paranoid123! It would be great if you could join us.

We're totally up for Rongorongo Rickeys, Luau, and Boozoo Bajou. I'm working on getting plans in place with my family & with my friend Monica, once I've got that figured out I'll know where the holes in our schedule are. I'll keep you posted!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation