FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » Virginia Beach - new tiki room!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Virginia Beach - new tiki room!
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-09 3:15 pm   Permalink

That's a really nice tiki room. My parents have a place in VB, and I'm due for a visit. Don't be surprised if I knock on your door.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-10 08:48 am   Permalink

I live on 23rd St. Didn't grow up here but married into being a local, plus I've been around long enough to know lots of people. I am pretty much just starting out down the tiki road but would love get in on a tiki party some time.

PS - I still get to ride my bike out to the bars. There are now two tiki-themed bars on at the beach. Mai Bar on 23rd and Bambooze on like 8th street. There is also the Tiki Bar (real original name) on your way out to Sandbridge.

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-10 12:02 pm   Permalink

Your logo work is WONDERFUL! Incredibly professional and the menu? Wow! Inspires me to do more.

Tonight, we will have a big feast. And then, at the end of the feast, we will climb to the top of the Big Woo, and you will jump in. Okay?

View Profile of TikiTikiBoom Send a personal message to TikiTikiBoom  Email TikiTikiBoom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
908tiki

Posted: 2005-08-11 08:18 am   Permalink

TikiTikiBoom…thanks! The one with the skates is all original, but the other one…I copped it from a web site and just put my bar name in it. The menu is just a Powerpoint slide. If you like, I can send it to you and you can customize it for your own bar! That would save a ton of time! Let me know!

Surf…yep the beach has gotten very tiki-fied lately. At first it pissed me off…you know, I have always liked the tiki scene to be… kind of underground. I hate it when my obscure interests suddenly become main stream. My only solace….is that, just like SKA music and all the other stuff I have always liked,…they tend get popular then they fade away again…Soon the Tiki bars in VB will be replaced with the next fad (probably Harley style biker bars, thanks to American chopper)…and we will still be enjoying the Polynesian style.

Jamie and Posh boy…Ok…Some personal info….I don’t know if it is allowed or recommended to do this on the forum…but what the hell.

My Name is Alan Edwards. I grew up in Birchwood gardens, near Thalia just East of the Pembroke area and if you had a ramp in your yard in the eighties or early nineties… I was probably there at least once. I was (and still am) a big galoot with glasses….maybe that will jog your memory…or perhaps it brings back tragic memories of a 6’3” 230 lbs lummox falling down and breaking your ramp.

I was a “founding member” (sounds official hunh?) of the Cutlery Crew (CC)…we were the antithesis of the Windsor Woods fork boys (member them?). We skated with the WW boys at Thrashmore and Bayville etc…, but we sucked compared to them….some of those agile little bastards actually turned pro and got their own models with Sims etc…

Aah the memories…See ya’ll!

View Profile of 908tiki Send a personal message to 908tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jamie71
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-11 3:14 pm   Permalink

Hey 908tiki, yeah your name sounds familiar. I remember the WW boys, I grew up with alot them and hung out with them. I still see some of them at the bars or the beach. Those were the good ole days, lol. Got my Lauhala matting in the other day and now ready to put it on my bar along with some pics. Yeah. Let me know if you have a bar or building one and can get some ideas from you guys. ok,thanks.

View Profile of Jamie71 Send a personal message to Jamie71  Email Jamie71     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-12 05:22 am   Permalink

Looks super!The menu really puts it over the top.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-ritas

Posted: 2008-05-15 10:14 am   Permalink

I just wanted to let you guys know I just started a margarita machine and tiki bar rental company right here in Virginia Beach. Its called Tiki-ritas. We do all of the work so that you can sit back and enjoy your event. You tell us when and where—we will deliver, setup, and pick up the margarita machine or tiki bar.

The Tiki-ritas frozen margarita machines are excellent for anyone planning an event. Choose from ten tropical fruit flavors made with real fruit purees. We provide you with the mix, you provide the alcohol if desired. We include the machine, first batch setup, decorative cart for machine, cups, straws, and an extension cord.

The Tiki-ritas tiki bar is guaranteed to generate a buzz at any event. The portable tiki bar can be customized to fit any party theme, from a Jimmy Buffet experience to a Beach Boys bash. Permanent tiki bars can also be built at your location. We also can do permanent margarita machines for your tiki paradise.

View Profile of Tiki-ritas Send a personal message to Tiki-ritas  Email Tiki-ritas Goto the website of Tiki-ritas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation