FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Gentelmen Prefer Hanes... Ladies Prefer Pineapples
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Gentelmen Prefer Hanes... Ladies Prefer Pineapples
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-07 05:07 am   Permalink

I found this image in a 1980's Vogue magazine... it is strange, amusing and intriguing all at once! What exactly is going on here?

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-07 09:25 am   Permalink

hmmmm, everyone in our house prefers pineapples....

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-07 10:56 am   Permalink

Well I believe in San Francisco;
(some) Women prefere women in Hanes,
(some) Men prefere to wear Hanes.
I prefere women with pineapples.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-07 11:01 am   Permalink

I'm more of a coconuts gal myself

Kind of looks like the guy is trying to match the lady with a co-ordinating accessory?

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-07 11:18 am   Permalink

SHE has mistakenly super glued her finger to her chin, having only one arm she is in need of assistance. HE is taking advantage of the situation and stealing her little pink paper umbrella. Can you blame him?

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki 2005-08-07 11:19 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2005-08-07 11:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-07 05:07, tikifish wrote:
What exactly is going on here?

Commonly found in advertising this is clearly a sexual double entendre. He's taking her umbrella, it's pink, it's wide open, she's not stopping him.

Being that Tikifish is in the advertising industry I think she already knew this and was just testing us.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-07 12:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-07 11:18, DawnTiki wrote:
SHE has mistakenly super glued her finger to her chin, having only one arm she is in need of assistance. HE is taking advantage of the situation and stealing her little pink paper umbrella. Can you blame him?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*snort*

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-07 12:10 pm   Permalink

she does have that "you wouldn't DARE!" look about her

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-07 12:18 pm   Permalink

This photo has been reproduced backwards. A ladies' Chinese blouse buttons from the right, not left. Also, green is not this model's color. And also, if I were Hanes, I'd be asking the ad agency's art director what the hell is this man's lame-ass proferring of the woman's own cocktail umbrella to the lady is supposed to mean. Is this what sophisticated, tie-wearing men do to wow a hot babe? Take the umbrella out of her drink and then offer it to her? Man, he'd better be a doctor or something to pull this off.

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-07 1:57 pm   Permalink

Maybe she is trying to hide an "outbreak" on her chin and the man suggested she use the umbrella?

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-08-07 3:10 pm   Permalink

The woman has just asked the man for a light. That is not really a paper umbrella, it is a James-Bond-like disguised cigarette lighter.

He thinks she will soon bring a cigarette to her mouth, but what she really wants lit is the top level of 151 rum in her pineapple drink.

She finds it amusing that he thinks that she prefers smoking to drinking pineapple rum drinks. Men can be so dumb sometimes.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-07 3:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-07 12:18, Satan's Sin wrote:
This photo has been reproduced backwards. A ladies' Chinese blouse buttons from the right, not left.

First, it's not a blouse, it's a dress.

Second, my vintage dress of this exact style also buttons on the left, not the right.

It is you, that is backwards, my dear.

mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-07 4:21 pm   Permalink

All of this is irrelevant, look at how tightly her legs are crossed. If that's not body language, saying 'get yer mitt's offa my rum drink' I don't know WHAT is.

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-07 4:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-07 16:21, mrs. pineapple wrote:
look at how tightly her legs are crossed

Yet another super glue mishap.

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-07 5:09 pm   Permalink

what everyone has missed is that her left hand holds a silenced p-38 automatic at ready.

the female of the species is more deadlier than the male.

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation