FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Gentelmen Prefer Hanes... Ladies Prefer Pineapples
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Gentelmen Prefer Hanes... Ladies Prefer Pineapples
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-07 5:09 pm   Permalink

Being in the ad business only makes this ad all the more intriguing and mysterious to me! Why cant we see the man, is this supposed to empower the woman? Is she rejecting his meagre offering of her own umbrella? Is this som aging 80's ad man's attempt at trying to make a sexy hosiery ad, while imbuing his ad with this newfangled idea of 'women's lib' - therefore giving of a strange, pineapple scented mixed message?

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-07 5:23 pm   Permalink

The only edible bromiliade, it's history is rather wild and full of intrigue.

It was supposedly discovered by Columbus on an island in the Caribbean )now called Guadalupe) but was originally from what is now Paraguay. It was traded for a few hundred years by indians via dugout canoes and the story goes that when Columbus' men snuck into a deserted village they found the fruit next to butchered human remains boiling in pots.

Its also the Hospitality fruit, as for hundreds of years it was the Hallmark of anyone who was well connected. People actually rented pineapples by the hour just to have them at parties.

It's my belief that this photo was taken during the rut, and was snapped at the last moment before the entire lodge broke out in a sans Pantaloon's frenzy

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-07 5:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-07 17:09, Johnny Dollar wrote:
her left hand holds a silenced p-38 automatic

J$ what are yout talking about? The poor dear only has one hand and it's super glued to her chinny chin chin!

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki 2005-08-07 17:42 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-07 5:59 pm   Permalink

You're all wrong. She's using her finger to hide her butt chin and the umbrella is a phallic symbol. Look, I know all about phallic symbols. It's an ad about oral sex, obviously.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-07 6:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:
I know all about phallic symbols

I forgot to say my Great Uncle was Sigmund Freud.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-07 10:14 pm   Permalink

Hmmmm...sounds like some kinda subversion of preverts to me.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2005-08-08 01:27 am   Permalink

The puzzle is simply an issue of bad cropping. The real photo prior to the ad makes much more sense. Blame it on the magazine editors.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-08 01:40 am   Permalink

The thing about this photo that is most unrealistic is the lady's bag.
It's Empty!
I've never known a woman have a bag thats not like a botomless pit filled with all sorts of crap.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-08 05:03 am   Permalink

Good catch Cheeky! Maybe the man is suggesting she put the umbrella in her bag to take home, since she has so much room, and if he put it in his pocket, it might poke his arse!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-09 09:36 am   Permalink

Fishy,
What are these two thinking?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-09 12:07 pm   Permalink

While his one hand is near the very phallic bananas, the other points to her nipple - suggesting that even though he is a clean cut fellow, he's really interesting in sticking his banana betwixt her melons. However, she is holding a pineapple - although traditionaly a sign of hopitality, it's sharp spikes say in a most tactile manner, STAY AWAY! Yes, she's smiling at him now, but that is only because she is a stock photographer's model and hates her life. She will go home and down a bottle of wild turkey and eat 30 Xanax in a haze of self pity. He will call her a 'frigid bitch', then go off to a strip joint.

Or, maybe they're just shopping for fruit.

johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-09 12:11 pm   Permalink

On a weekend trip to sunny Jamaica Phil has a life-changing revelation…

“That’s a pineapple?!? Holy shit! I always thought they grew inside those little metal cans at the supermarket!”

Buffy fakes a smile and thinks to herself, “Oh Dear Lord in Heaven, why did I get hooked up with such a goddamned moron?”

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-09 1:50 pm   Permalink

Ok, ok you guys are all full of it...He is an extremely controlling man. He is taking the umbrella out of the drink so she can drink it and not have her nose get poked by the umbrella. She is a trophy girlfriend he is a voyeur who does not drink, but only likes to watch.

[ This Message was edited by: hiltiki 2005-08-09 13:52 ]

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-09 3:09 pm   Permalink

They are both thinking how incredibly happy they are after sharing a stick of Doublemint gum.

Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-10 12:24 am   Permalink

Is he not pointing and saying 'Those ARE melons'?

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation