FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving 8FT's Frankoma project DONE...Final finished photos NOW!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
8FT's Frankoma project DONE...Final finished photos NOW!
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 05:35 am   Permalink

aloha 8FT!!! thats a really cool and super clean lines! I like the progression shots it shows the birth of your tiki , keep up the nice carving, aloha money

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wicked
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-12 06:16 am   Permalink

wow thats amazing I haven't even tried my hand @ arving at this point! The TIKI inspector looks pleased !
It wonderful to see the whole proccess

View Profile of wicked Send a personal message to wicked  Goto the website of wicked     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 06:53 am   Permalink

Frankoma would be freakin proud!!! Nice work 8 ft!!!

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 08:47 am   Permalink

WOW, Man, I can't wait to see this guy glazed and fired. He is onna b SO Cool. Excellent job.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 9:38 pm   Permalink

Well here it is. The color is about as close as I can find. Since I don't have the actual mug or any other Frankoma piece in the same shade in my posession, I couldn't exactly match the glaze with those little paint "chips" at the hardware stores. I had to do my best from a photo. I think it works though. I needed to find a bit of yellow and orange inside the red. I have to say that this was more difficult that I expected it to be and I have come to the conclusion that this is probably because of the properties of a glaze are such that it allows it to have different shades and values across the surface of the piece but with paint, it is about the same shade from the first dip to the bottom of the can. Therefore I accepted this limitation and went ahead because the alternative was to put it in my fireplace to glaze it.......... I think I made the right choice. I am going to apply several coats of urethane next and then one final picture for you. Enjoy, 8FT

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 9:58 pm   Permalink

That turned out beautiful! I have a thing for red tikis...

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:15 pm   Permalink

a spittin image good work...

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:26 pm   Permalink

You hit a home run on this one 8ft . It is amazing .

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 05:31 am   Permalink

very original idea, rodeo! beautiful work... well thought out.

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 06:23 am   Permalink

Nice "God of War" Very nice!!!

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 06:53 am   Permalink

Excellent 8FT, Excellent. What more can I say. You have captured the image perfectly..

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 07:29 am   Permalink

Beautiful! I'd like to fill it with ice and make a giant chi-chi.

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 10:20 am   Permalink

That's FANTASTIC! I love the color! Now If you could only fill it with rum!!

You're right, 8-FT, we gotta get together. I REALLY want to see how you're doing these amazing carvings!

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 11:17 am   Permalink

That is just stunning! I went thru the entire thread and had no idea it would end up looking this way.

Just a really beautiful piece of work. Priceless!

Tonight, we will have a big feast. And then, at the end of the feast, we will climb to the top of the Big Woo, and you will jump in. Okay?

View Profile of TikiTikiBoom Send a personal message to TikiTikiBoom  Email TikiTikiBoom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 4:26 pm   Permalink

THat looks like one of those fake photos. The red is the crown jewel.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation